Star's Barch blasts Lapierre, taunting in stanley cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
While many around the NHL are still buzzing about Aaron Rome's hit on Nathan Horton, Dallas Stars forward Krys Barch took to Twitter to take aim at another Canucks player.

Incensed at the on-ice extra-curricular activity throughout the Stanley Cup Final thus far, Barch singled out Canucks forward Maxim Lapierre.

"I can't stand watching #40 and not even playing the game," Barch tweeted. "I don't know if he has an ounce of man in him. I'd be embarrassed to be his father."

Barch joined Bryan Hayes on TSN Radio 1050 on Tuesday to discuss his comments, and voiced his displeasure at the continuing antics that are happening after the whistle.

"I would not allow my son to do the same," Barch said. "It's absolutely embarrassing. It's too bad right now that the rules in place protect this class of player, [one] that pretty much has no class."

After an incident in Game 1 in which Alex Burrows appeared to bite Patrice Bergeron's finger, Lapierre attempted to stoke the Bruins' already burning displeasure in Game 2 by taunting Bergeron with his outstretched glove.

The taunt would be mimicked in Game 3 by Bruins players, including Mark Recchi and Milan Lucic.

Barch is one of the few NHLers right now using Twitter as a platform to voice a contentious point of view. However, he doesn't believe that he's alone in feeling that the tactics in question need to be eliminated from the game.

"I had a few personal text messages from players throughout the league that pretty much said 'I wish I could say it, but I can't. But, I absolutely agree with you'."

The timing of these incidents is another element that inspired Barch to speak out.

"Right now it's the Stanley Cup Final and when the game is two or three-to-one, they can go run around and do whatever they want," he said. "But it's funny how they don't do it in game 27, when the score is four-one. Then they're nowhere to be seen. But, all of a sudden they come out here when there's an umbrella for protection set over them."

Barch didn't just take aim at the minor incidents, however, and weighed in on Rome's hit as well.

"He pivots and turns when the puck's on Lucic's stick, so he knows he's hitting a player that doesn't have the puck. I think that hit deserves a suspension."

Rome was suspended Tuesday for the duration of the Cup final, though he may appeal the decision.

With all the focus that has been placed in the last year on head shots and concussions, Barch says the issue now is to find a precedent for what is and is not a legal hockey play.

"It is a fine line and I think it will take a little bit of time for everyone to sort that line out, where it should stand and what side [of that line] certain incidents are on."
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368189

Is he not aware that he plays with Steve Ott and that he's also blasting Lucic and Recchi as well lol.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
"I can't stand watching #40 and not even playing the game," Barch tweeted. "I don't know if he has an ounce of man in him. I'd be embarrassed to be his father."

HAHAHAH, i'm not a fan of the nucks, but oh my god Lapierre is sick.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree that having Ott on his team is hypocritical but, then again, he's not comparing his team to Vancouver. He's singling out one guy there who just so happens to have a particular reputation around the league.

Here's my question. Lucic and Recchi did the taunts and then called their own actions out (Lucic called his classless) and Julien roasted them in the locker room and during his post game presser. Where was any of that from Vancouver? Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler (to an extent), Vigneault...still waiting for their comments.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
I agree that having Ott on his team is hypocritical but, then again, he's not comparing his team to Vancouver. He's singling out one guy there who just so happens to have a particular reputation around the league.

Here's my question. Lucic and Recchi did the taunts and then called their own actions out (Lucic called his classless) and Julien roasted them in the locker room and during his post game presser. Where was any of that from Vancouver? Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler (to an extent), Vigneault...still waiting for their comments.
I agree, but Lapierre seems like he has been such a big shot that if he apologizes it'd put his reputation in jeopardy or something stupid like that. But kesler and burrows should have more class.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
What has Kesler done?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was being a rat yesterday. And once him and Seidenberg hit the ground, he was on top and throwing punches. That's a not cool...especially when he insinuated during an interview that the Bruins are dirty ("that's the way they play" is how he put it).

And it's not even just what they're doing. It's that they do it but complain when it's happening on the other side. That may be worse than actually playing on or over the edge.

edit: Another thing that irked me was when he came in after a whistle with a shot at McQuiad and then both McQuaid and Thornton came over to him and Kesler wanted no part of it. It was how Thornton got the misconduct.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
Peverely hasn't said sorry for slashing the back of Bieska's legs twice :p

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peverely hasn't said sorry for slashing the back of Bieska's legs twice :p
It was once in the leg, first came at his midsection, and they never even showed the video. Plus, he will when the league takes Hansen's goal back after he did the same thing to Krejci ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%