Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
New Jersey's Star-Ledger has reported that Jason's Kidd's agent Jeff Schwartz has asked Nets' President Rod Thorn to trade his client to a contender before February's trade deadline. The information was received from several unnamed league sources.

The problems continue to add up for Thorn as trading Kidd will not be easy if he wants to get even close to equal value in return.

"Right now things are going very poorly for us," Thorn told the Star-Ledger. "Historically, those are the times when you don't get offered what you might consider fair deals. And sometimes you feel that maybe you should do something to do something, but those are the times you have to be very cognizant and careful about what the results of your actions might be."
=)

Bring him in Mark

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trade him for a BIG man and have Marucs start.
But if Kidd leaves then Vince and RJ will want to as well.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope we could get him

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rod Thorn reportedly has Bruce Ratners approval to do a deal and in one scenario would send Kidd to Dallas for Devin Harris along with the expiring contracts of Devean George, Desagana Diop and Jerry Stackhouse.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I was the Lakers I'd get all over this thing. I wouldnt care about the cost right now because Bynum is injured and Ariza is also injured. There really isnt much of a presence there right now. If the Lakers part ways with Lamar and Kwame it isnt really a bad thing. I would also send Radmonvic in a deal for Kidd just because Rad doesnt fit in the offense that well. I mean to get Jason Kidd it will take a bit but the Lakers should snag Center Jamaal Magloire. The guy can play still. He is only 29, and has a couple more years in him IMO. Yes, It sounds retarded but Jamaal Magloire I believe can return to all star form of 10 points and 10 rebounds in LAL. He is playing with the best player in the league and one of the best PG's in Kidd. I honestly believe Magloire would be a steal.

Yes. When you look at it the deal says too much. I mean Los Angeles is losing about 12 points, 6 Rebounds. The deal would help both teams IMO and add a nice vetran cast around Kobe. Aason Kidd knows what to do with the rock and Jamaal will become solid once played.

Projected starting lineups:
C - Andrew Bynum / DJ Mbenga / Chris Mihm
PF - Jamaal Magloire / Ronny Turiaf
SF - Luke Walton / Trevor Ariza
SG - Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic
PG - Jason Kidd / Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar* / Javaris Crittenton

* Seek a trade for Farmar for a SF or PF. Possibility to sign PJ Brown.

New Jersey
C - Sean Williams / Kwame Brown / Jason Collins / Nenad Krstic
PF - Lamar Odom / Josh Boone / Malik Allen
SF - Richard Jefferson / Vladmir Radmonovic / Bostjan Nachbar
SG - Vince Carter / Antoine Wright
PG - Marcus Williams / Darrell Armstrong

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rod Thorn reportedly has Bruce Ratners approval to do a deal and in one scenario would send Kidd to Dallas for Devin Harris along with the expiring contracts of Devean George, Desagana Diop and Jerry Stackhouse.
Dallas would be stupid to do this, Harris is too good and too young to give up. He's got loads of potential, wheras Kidd maybe has 3 seasons left....and is on his way down, and can not recover from injuries as fast.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes but the vibe around Mavs fan is do whatever you have to do to get that ring in the next 2-3 years while Dirk is in his prime, JH5 is nearly close to his peak, and add a veteran big point guard with JET and Bass with Damp. Sure our future is crap but it's better to go all out right now for the Mavs I believe to go for that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%