So long Sonics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Associated Press -
NBA commissioner David Stern said Saturday he expects the Sonics to leave the city, either this year or when their lease expires in 2010, according to an Associated Press report.

"It's apparent to all who are watching that the Sonics are heading out of Seattle," Stern said during his annual All-Star Weekend news conference. "I accept that inevitability at this point. There is no miracle here."

Stern spoke more hopefully about the future of the Hornets here. The franchise will have the right to opt out of its lease at New Orleans Arena if it doesn't average 14,735 fans at the end of the 2008-09 season
Well this sucks.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dang, that sucks.
I wonder why Stern didnt try and help them like he is with Sacramento...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NO!!!!! Maybe if the freaking Sonics would talk to the city officials to work out some kind of deal, but the management of the Sonics don't even want them to be there. This does suck.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's not Stern's or management's fault -- it's the City Officials...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not completely, I've read reports from City Officials and they said they are willing to talk about a new deal, and they want the Sonics in Seattle. And if thats the case, it would probably be the managements fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%