Should New York Knicks Trade Up For Ricky Rubio? Why Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
As of now the New York Knicks do not have a steady point guard.

Chris Duhon did not play well towards the end of the season, and Nate Robinson is going to test the market most likely if the Knicks do not resign him.

But with Knicks sitting at the eighth spot at the NBA draft most experts have them picking Stephon Curry. I'm not against that pick if the Knicks are still at number eight of course.

But I do think the Knicks should try and make a deal to get Ricky Rubio.

Ricky Rubio is most likely going to go Memphis Grizzlies at number two. So if the Knicks really want him they would have to give up their first round pick, Chris Duhon, and Quentin Richardson.

If Memphis wants to get someone else from the Knicks that is not to valuable, why not do it.

Ricky Rubio would run D'Antoni's system into perfection.

Yes, Ricky is only 19 but this kid can ball.

He is a true point guard and that's what we need to make this system to flourish. His NBA comparison is Walt Frazier/Steve Nash, now that's a great company to be mentioned in.

If you haven't seen this kid's game yet you better go on youtube and check out his skills. He has a great height at 6'3 but he can bulk up a little he is only 180 pounds. But with his weight like the way it is he can fly up and down the court.

However, his style of play is extremely relaxed and confident because the game comes so easily to him. People say including myself that he will have no problem adjusting to the speed of the NBA because of his basketball IQ.

If i'm Donnie Walsh and i have an opportunity like this. I will not just be satisfied with the eighth pick. I would make a deal and hop right up to the top of the NBA draft and get Ricky Rubio.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/192848-...y-rubio-why-not

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn, QRich Duhon and 8th for 2 and Darko. I'd try to do that sooo fast.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
LETS DO THIS!!!! But it makes too much sense for the Knicks to do this, so we wont....

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If that would be all for it, if thats what it would take then we should do it, I know the Grizz were big on Lee last year, dont know of thats changed, but package him with the 8th pick along with QRich for the #2 and Darko

The Lee rumors have been extremely quiet meaning one of two things, we're gonna move him soon or he's gonna resign. Im god with either as long as we get equal value in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%