Shaq Ejected, Suns win

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Phoenix Suns managed to overcome some serious odds as they Amare Stoudemire stepped up on his 26th birthday to defeat the Pistons, 104-86, on Sunday.

Shaquille O'Neal was ejected in the 2nd quarter of the game for a flagrant foul, but Amare lead the way with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Back from his 1 game suspension, Steve Nash put up 17 points and 7 assists.

Shaq was bounced for a flagrant foul two, that came on a Rodney Stuckey layup. Upon the layup, Shaq came down on Rodney hard, sending him crashing to the court, chest first. O'Neal said the play was simply a result of "the laws of physics", but either way, is an automatic ejection.

O'Neal's play may or may not have been constrewed as a dirty play, but I see the Suns rising up as one of the more aggressive teams in the NBA, and suddenly last year's trade for Shaq makes more sense to me. After dominating the regular season and then flaming out in the playoffs as a finesse team, maybe Steve Kerr saw a need to turn this team into more of an "enforcer" in the NBA in order to win when it counts.

I'm really liking the way the Suns are playing right now. They certainly aren't taking sh*t from anybody and even when they are at a setback, they are rallying around each other to pull off wins. Sunday nights' win over Detroit was a big win against a team that has also made a huge trade that changed the way they play on the court. -AE

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
flagarant foul? yes
flagarant 2 foul with an ejection? no

i thought it was pretty weak call by the refs. they basically reacted to the way Stuckey fell.
stuckey was down for like a minute, then sprang back up like nothing ever happened

oh well, PHX still won the game

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
flagarant foul? yes
flagarant 2 foul with an ejection? no

i thought it was pretty weak call by the refs. they basically reacted to the way Stuckey fell.
stuckey was down for like a minute, then sprang back up like nothing ever happened

oh well, PHX still won the game
+1

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Idk, it was pretty bad. But yeah I guess anyone who collides with shaq in the air would end up like that.

Love how Shaq just wouldn't leave though. :rolleyes:

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you honestly didn't think that was a flagrent 2, your quite dumb.

Shaq was obviously mad about the offensive foul called on him the play before. He had no intentions of blocking that shot. Then he called Stuckey a <Censored> for that?

No class, Shaq is prick. You don't take out a guy half your size like that.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaq's the man. It might have been a flagrant two, but who cares. Anyone see his explanation afterwards? Newton's Law of Gravity! LOL.

The day he retires everyone will be sad.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be fair Rip, anyone who runs into Shaq like that will feel his wrath, he wasnt trying to hurt him if he was his arms would have been moving in a downward motion after the collision.

Its basketball, if your man enough to drive into Shaq, you gotta take the punishment that goes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%