Shannon Brown traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Morning Journal -
Cavaliers guard Shannon Brown could be headed elsewhere soon.

His agent, Mark Bartelstein, said he'd work with Cavs general manager Danny Ferry to find the ''right situation'' for his client.

The Cavs failed to pick up the third-year option on Brown's contract on Wednesday. That will make him an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Bartelstein said he wasn't shocked by the move not to pick up Brown's option worth just $1.1 million.

''For a variety of reasons, it's not been a good fit for Shannon,'' he said. ''He hasn't gotten much of an opportunity. He's a young guy who has to play.

''Danny and I have a good relationship,'' Bartelstein added. ''He has two things in mind: What's best for the organization and what's best for the player. He'll work with me to find the right situation for Shannon.''

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MAybe the Kings can get him. They need depth at the point. Which I think he plays. And we should be in rebuilding mode after the season, so we would need young guys like Shannon Brown. Hopefully Petrie will jum on this, cuz he shouldnt be that hard to get.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish the Mavs had Brown over Ager :(

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ooo, Vujacic for Brown!! Not like they'd take that trade but I'd much rather have Brown coming off for Kobe instead of Evans.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Evans is pretty good, better than Brown anyways. I liked Evans back when he played for Sacramento, and he came off the bench and provided energy and he hustled. I don't think he does all that as much now, guess he doesn't fit in the triangle.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he still provides energy and hussles...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, but he can't do as much, cause he doesn't play as much.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He brings hustle and energy every night, everytime he's on the court but he just scares me. He's one of those inconsistent guys that will give you 20 and 7 one night, to 7 and 1 the next. Also he just scares me when he handles the ball and tries to set up the offense, because his ball-handling skills aren't that great, things always look like they're about to break down when he has the ball on offense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ooo, Vujacic for Brown!! Not like they'd take that trade but I'd much rather have Brown coming off for Kobe instead of Evans.
Right now Evans is better but in the future if Shannon gets time he'll be an ok bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%