Seeking NFL Team Captains

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am going to make this short & sweet b/c I know a lot of you hate to read too much and I tend to have "diarrhea of the fingertips" at times. But read this through fellas.

I will not lie, I was opposed to SI introducing the individual Team Talk sub-forums. Not only do I fear that many will remain dead due to lack of fan support but I fear that as our members spend more and more time inside their favorite team's forum, it will take away from the main forums in each sport.

Never the less, I am optimistic that we can make this work. I am, along with others, thinking of new and creative ways to keep a consistent flow of good content going inside each team's forum. It's good to see that introducing the concept of "SI Fan Rosters/Line-ups" is already gaining much attention.

With that being said, there are 30 individual NFL team sub-forums to maintain and I cannot completely operate each on my own. Therefore, I am seeking Captains to maintain each of these forums. The jobs of these Captains will be to generate team-related content in their respective team's forum and completely maintain the flow. Whether it be posting team-related news or consistently adding new discussion topics, games, etc. the job of that Captain is to keep his team's forum more active than the others.

There are no prerequisites to getting the job of Captain. All that I ask is you do what I have mentioned above. Showing that you can Captain a team's forum to the top is not only a job of importance for this new era of SI but it is also a good way to show that you can handle the job of moderator, and when the time for Moderator elections come again, the proof of your ability is within your team's forum.

You do not have to be a fan of the team forum you wish to maintain, however you must be interested enough in that team to consistently do the research and generate the content. I have posted & pinned a listing for all Team Forum Captains inside the main Football Discussion forum.

I believe this will be an effective method in doing business for the good of the future of SI. Not only does it ensure that there are those out there keeping each individual team forum active and in good standings, but it allows me the time to ensure that the Main Football Discussion Forums do not get lose in the shuffle.

Okay...I dragged on a little here but explanation is completely necessary. Sign up is below and the job of Team Captain is first come, first serve. It also wouldn't be a bad idea for Captains to post their positions in their sigs or have the gfx team make you a Team Captain userbar. Let everyone at SI know what you do here. -AE

Captain Line-up: http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27065

Code:
[b]Forum Username:[/b]
[b]What Team Forum do you wish to Lead:[/b]
When you see your name posted on the roster, consider yourself hired.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forum Username:DJT
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead:Jacksonville Jaguars

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forum Username: bestkeptsecr3t13
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: Chicago Bears

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Forum Username: dnc
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: Carolina Panthers

vikesfan

Reaction score
Hired. Just be sure to consistently take care of that Forum in posting news topics and generating discussion.
Hey AE, I'll take the Vikings, but will sometimes be too busy. Wanna be co-captains?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its my show now haha. Anyways, you got the Vikings, just try to pust what you can when you can.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forum Username: GregR25
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: Steelers

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talk to vikes, he said he might not be able to do much very often. I'll just put both of you for now.

.loggie

Reaction score
Forum Username: logsavs
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: since i know a ton oof others will want detroit ill take green bay

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Forum Username: kdogg10
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: Lions

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forum Username: AirFoceFlash_3
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: Miami Dolphins :D

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT - I would set up a SI Mock Draft thread sign-up ... let people sign up as GM and try to figure out what the draft will be like.

then compare it to the real thing.. just idea

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oooo I like that idea. I'll try to get that put together.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
DJT - I would set up a SI Mock Draft thread sign-up ... let people sign up as GM and try to figure out what the draft will be like.

then compare it to the real thing.. just idea
Yeah, that would be a great idea.

bulls12

Reaction score
Forum Username:bulls12
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead:Buffalo Bills

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Forum Username: Dice-J
What Team Forum do you wish to Lead: New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%