Rose Explains Gang Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Derrick Rose released the following statement via the Chicago Bulls:

"Recently, a photo has been circulating on the Internet which appears to depict me flashing a gang sign. This photo of me was taken at a party I attended in Memphis while I was in school there, and was meant as a joke…a bad one, I now admit. I want to emphatically state, now and forever, that Derrick Rose is anti-gang, anti-drug, and anti-violence. I am not, nor have I ever been, affiliated with any gang and I can’t speak loudly enough against gang violence, and the things that gangs represent.

"In posing for this picture, I am guilty of being young, naive and of using extremely poor judgment. I sincerely apologize to all my fans for my mistake. I pride myself on being a good citizen, and role model, that young people can look up to and I want to urge all my young fans to stay away from gangs and gang-related activities."

Via Press Release

He's also drunk :p

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anyone knows anything, this is a joke, first off Anderson is throwing up Vice Lords and Rose is throwing up Disciples. They're rival gangs in Chicago, and they're obviously either high and/or drunk lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Piru Pierce would be proud.

Hopefully this isn't made into a big deal because its obviously a joke.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see what Rose is saying and I don't think this is such a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%