Riley To Miss Games To Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports
Miami Heat coach Pat Riley said Thursday he plans to step away from the team briefly to scout college players in upcoming conference tournaments.
Riley said the hiatuses would begin next week and did not name which of his assistants would coach amid his absences. Ron Rothstein guided the team last season for six weeks when Riley underwent hip and knee surgeries. Riley will have the opportunity to also scout the NCAA Tournament without time away from the team later this month, with the Heat playing March 27 in Detroit and then Detroit playing host to an NCAA regional that opens the following day at Ford Field.
"I happen to have two titles but it's one job," Riley said of holding the dual title of team president. "I have to balance both balls here. I'm going to miss one or two (games), because I think, next week, when the conference tournaments start, there's a possibility I'll miss a couple. I'll be flying in and out. But I think, right now, I've got to do that. I want to see them in person."

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That shouldn't be legal during the season.....

Plus if I was a player on that team I would be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%