Redick may be getting traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Orlando Sentinel -
Second-year guard J.J. Redick still can't find a real role with the Magic, yet General Manager Otis Smith said Tuesday it doesn't mean he has given up on him. He also said that Redick -- the No. 11 pick in 2006 -- still has value around the league, despite hardly playing in his first two seasons.

Redick's lack of playing time has prompted teams to start inquiring about his availability. He is fifth among Magic guards in minutes played.

"Actually, his value is pretty high right now," Smith said. "What he can do -- shoot -- is at a premium in this league. We just happen to have an abundance of shooters. The fact of the matter is, we have players around him who give us something [defense] that he doesn't give us."
If he does get traded where do you think he'll go and who do you think they will get CC?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think the Kings might get him for PG? Who knows...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Oh this is old news, if you want more recent, based on JJ's play, it could be Bogans getting traded and Redick's playing time upped to 16-20 MPG. Bogan's offense and defense have both sucked as of late. He's been removed from the starting lineup, and his playing time is slowly decreasing...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol here's a quote:

"Does your team want JJ Redick?...................probably not, and from the looks of things, neither does Orlando"

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Timberwolves?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
crazy white people...

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL. JJ will be moved because Orlando wants a versitile 2 Guard. JJ has a nice stroke but no Defense... Would fit in Phoenix huh? LOL.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Redick plays about as much D as the rest of the Orlando guards have lately. Did you see how Carter torched us tonight? They're reconsidering because of this and might as well figure that although Redick isn't a great defensive player, he's going to provide more points than any guard we have on the team.

We'll see. Obviously if he's moved, it's going to better his career.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Redick plays about as much D as the rest of the Orlando guards have lately. Did you see how Carter torched us tonight? They're reconsidering because of this and might as well figure that although Redick isn't a great defensive player, he's going to provide more points than any guard we have on the team.

We'll see. Obviously if he's moved, it's going to better his career.
Agreed. I think he can put up decent numbers in this league. Just nothing in ORLANDO because there Offense is more suited for a Tracy McGrady, Dwayne Wade type player. Id be intrested to see if they don't make a move for Philly's Rodney Carney.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think one thing you could see is a package deal for Mickael Pietrus.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't want JJ, he's either hurt or getting hurt.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'm sure they could get something decent for him
i mean Philly got a 1st rounder for Korver fom a team that at the moment isnt even in the playoffs

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah, I think SVG is giving him more playing time to kind of audition him. He played well tonight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%