Pugz @ The Young One

Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz @ The Young One

TOPIC: Which team has been the biggest surprise of the 2009 season to date? (In a positive way, as opposed to negative in the Eastern Conference debate)

Pugz has the right to post first.

You will have a week to exchange posts. If you feel like you're argument is closed, then you can close it, that just means your opponent can continue to debate his point and argue against yours. No maximum or minimum number of points, all depends on how concise or elaborate you want to be.

Once each debater has closed their argument, or I close the debate, then the three judges will be assigning each debater a score out of 10. When scoring, the judges should assess how well the debater has proven their point, using valid and relevant discussion, statistical evidence where appropriate, rebuttal where applicable, and overall coherency.

Judges are allowed to deem the debate a tie, giving each debater the same score out of 10. I am using this scoring system, as opposed to simply voting, as a back up for a tie breaker in the standings.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'll take the New York Knicks.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are we getting reasons?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought pugz got to post his reasons first and then i could post mine.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Considering he didn't post reasons when he had the chance, you can go and do it whenever you want.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reason why I say Knicks, is they are playing way better than they have in recent years.
They are like 1 game behind the Bobcats and around 3 or 4 games out of 8th. They have a decent home record at home and have more than half there games left at home. As long as they can hold down there house and the Pistons and Bulls play under .500 then I think they could really make it.

And for you to say the Hawks is crazy, you would have been better off saying the Bobcats. Atlanta was expected to do better this year since they had Bibby all year long.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reason why I say Knicks, is they are playing way better than they have in recent years.
They are like 1 game behind the Bobcats and around 3 or 4 games out of 8th. They have a decent home record at home and have more than half there games left at home. As long as they can hold down there house and the Pistons and Bulls play under .500 then I think they could really make it.

And for you to say the Hawks is crazy, you would have been better off saying the Bobcats. Atlanta was expected to do better this year since they had Bibby all year long.
The knicks are horrible. Get the facts straight they are 7 games behind the bulls for the 8th spot and 5 games behind the bobcats. They are average at home. With a 19-19 home record. They are horrible on the road with a 10-27 record. And they are currently on a three game losing streak. This squad is banking it all on the possibility of signing Lebron or bosh in 2010. But as of now they are horrible.

The reason i say the hawks is that people expected them to make the playoffs yes. But they weren't expected to be the 4th seed which they are currently sitting on right now. They are on pace to finish with their best record since 1997-98 season. They are one of the better home teams in the league with 29-9 record at home. They aren't a great team on the road but their record is still better than the knicks. The hawks road record is 14-23.Bibby is having a solid year yes but to say a 30 year old point guard is the reason the hawks are doing so well is ludicrous. Yeah he's been a great help. But he is averaging the second lowest amount of assists per game his career this season at 4.8. Which is the second lowest amount for his career since 06-07. Joe Johnson is averaging 21.4 points a game which is his lowest scoring season since 05-06 season. So you cant use the same well their good because of mike bibby and JJ. Because thats not true. The hawks are playing well because of a well grouped together team doing better than the expectations most people had for them.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I used a old knicks site for facts :(
I lose.
I'll get something later tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%