Prince in, Amare out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tayshaun Prince will reportedly play for Team USA later this summer in Beijing, according to The Associated Press.

A source close to the NBA spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity, because the roster will be announced Monday during a news conference in Chicago.

Also Thursday, the Arizona Republic reported that Suns forward Amare Stoudamire has declined a chance to be on the Olympic team.
Glad to see he made the team(Tayshaun) but he's gunna be even more tired out this upcoming season. But I'm kinda mad cuz Amare isn't gunna be on the team, now that one less poster dunker who gets to do some sick ass dunks...

Also someone should make an Official USA Team Basketball thread, and pin it.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prince over Amare? I know Prince is hella underrated and one of the best finishers in the NBA but Amare just overpowers players and I think the USA team woulda benefited more if they kept Amare.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I dont know about this decision... -_-

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow this scared the sh!t out of me. I thought it was some trade in discussion between the Suns and Pistons. WOW lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The reason Amare isnt there isnt because of his skill set, but because he has said that he doesnt want to re-injure his knee while not playing in the NBA

If Tyson goes, that would be pretty sick.
Paul to Chandler for the alley-oop!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well they need some defense, and Prince will bring that. I'd still rather have Amare overall, but hopefully this will work out.

Also they didn't pick Prince over Amare, Amare just declined.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its not like Prince is going to see heavy minutes anyway. Will be hard finding any behind the likes of LeBron, Kobe, etc.. who play good defense them selfs. But I guess he'd be useless if someone gets tired or injured.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Not sayin Teyshaun ain't good, but Amare is definitely better. I don't think the USA team is gonna be as good with Amare. Oh well I guess..

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should take Chandler over Prince...

Their only big men are Boozer, Howard and Bosh. None of which are true centers. If they took Chandler, it'll help a lot... Especially since Howard has a tendancy to foul and in the olympics 5 fouls is a foul out.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
isn't Duncan still deciding? I hope he does play..

most of the players selected are unselfish and should look good together

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Yea but the guys announced are just a small part of the team, D-williams, boozer, prince, d wade and dwight howard or being reported, but Lebron is gonna play, probably kobe, probably Chris Paul... its gonna be a great team

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but the guys announced are just a small part of the team, D-williams, boozer, prince, d wade and dwight howard or being reported, but Lebron is gonna play, probably kobe, probably Chris Paul... its gonna be a great team
It's gunna be a gold medal team!

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who cares? We all know Australia will win....of course im talking about women's basketball :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%