Portland Having Problems Scouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A number of top prospects have declined workouts with the Trail Blazers, citing the team's successful young roster.

"We're fighting to get some of these kids in for workouts," said Chad Buchanan, Portland's director of college scouting.

After having more than 15 separate workouts prior to last season's NBA Draft, the Blazers have a total of just eight scheduled this year.

"The agents are saying, 'Where is my guy going to play for you guys? I understand you like him and you may move up (in the draft) to get him, but I don't know if I want him playing for you,'" Buchanan said. "Even though we have a history of being able to move up in the draft to get the (prospect) we like, we're having trouble bringing guys in for workouts."

Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard and his staff attended two "Supercamps" in Oakland and Minnesota, where they were able to evaluate 68 prospects.

Via Oregonian

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesnt surprise me at all, it makes sense, I wouldnt want to play for Portland not knowing when or if I would ever get in. Their loaded with young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%