Portland chasing Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnoir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
've heard several rumors floated in the last 24 hours, including someone who speculated that the Blazers were talking with the Milwaukee Bucks about a deal that would send the Raef LaFrentz contract, Sergio Rodriguez, Travis Outlaw, and a draft pick to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour. Blazers coach Nate McMillan loves Ridnour's game, and Jefferson would give the Blazers a character guy who could immediately fill the small forward role. But first and foremost, we're talking about rumors and my bet is that the Blazers are going to come out of left-field with a surprise on deadline day. Oregonian

Pritchard’s cell phone has been busy the past few weeks, speaking with representatives of nearly every club in the league. Something could happen, but the odds are against it. “If we’re going to make a move, I feel like it’s going to be one that takes us up to another tier,” Pritchard says. “I don’t know if that move is out there. My big thing, we really like our team. As much as we want to make a great push, sometimes you have to know when to go for it and when not to. “We started out the season wanting to get this young team into the playoffs, and we have that opportunity. Sometimes you reassess your goals, but you can’t get impatient. If something good breaks, we’ll do it, but we’re not chasing.” Portland Tribune

Pritchard’s best moves are saved for summer: Sure, Pritchard may be the NBA’s foremost wheeler-and-dealer, but it has mostly been a summertime activity. His mid-season moves have been mild: Juan Dixon for Fred Jones; Von Wafer for Taurean Green — tweaks that affected the back end of the rotation, affecting no more than 23 minutes of playing time. Pritchard has produced more summer blockbusters — a style that fits the San Antonio Spurs’ philosophy under which Pritchard was weaned. That is when he traded Zach Randolph, and swung his roster-reshaping moves in the draft. And there is nothing to suggest he will approach this trade deadline any differently. Columbian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%