Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Brandon Roy

22.6 PPG, 5.1 APG, 4.7 RPG, .48 FG%, .38 3P%, .82 FT%, 37.2 MPG

2. Deron WIlliams

19.4 PPG, 10.7 APG, 3 RPG, .47 FG%, .36 3P%, .85 FT% 37 MPG

Both are the same age. Deron is less than a month older. Yes Roy is a 2-time All-Star, but Deron has gotten some unlucky breaks. We all know he is an All-Star
I think this is a tough one. I still don't have an answer

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deron Williams, and I don't think it is that close to be honest. Deron is arguably the best PG in the league, right up there with CP3. One of the best passers in the league, a great scorer. Roy is great as well but I'd take Williams in a heart beat.

VC15

Reaction score
I'd take D-Will over Roy any day.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Playing in the same conference with guys like CP3, Tony Parker, Billups, and Nash can definitely get a guy snubbed so I'm not holding any all-star selections against D.Will

And even then I go for D.Will easily. He dominates that PG spot, and when going head to head against marquee players like CP3 he outplays him, and against marquee teams he turns up the already ridiculously good game he has. He can do everything B.Roy does, but better.. plus he has that special factor to his game, the clutch factor!!

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Roy is sick, but as much as I love him I have to go with Deron. Like cheato said, he is right up there with CP3 to be one of the best PG's in the league.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I'd take D-Will over Roy any day.
Agreed, I think Roy is pretty good as well but like everybody else said D-Will is just a little better at just about everything right now.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would you compare these too they play different positions. Roy is a 2 guard not a one. Its a unfair comparison to roy.

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
D-Will...and it not even close. You can find a 2-guard that can get you 20 a night. Finding an elite PG is rare.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Definately Deron. It`s not even close. I mean, Roy is good and all, but not compared to Deron.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
right now, Deron has proven more

but 2nd half of the season and in playoffs, Roy has shown he has the stuff to be a star IMO

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also went with Deron

Personally I think he's the best PG in the league, and will go down as one of the best PG's of all-time when its all said and done.

But I agree with TYO, I think we should keep comparing players that play the same position. It would have been interesting to see what people had to say about a DWill - CP3 matchup

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The CP/Deron match-up is a goner
no one says Deron, even though he is better

TYO, it's not unfair. people compare LeBron and Kobe left and right and you never seem to have a problem with that. Even though LeBron is listed as SF, he's more of a PG of "point forward" as opposed to Kobe

but ok it seems this won't work. I'll make a new one soon with same position.
this is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%