Pistons To Eye Carmelo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BOSTON — Do the Detroit Pistons have eyes for Carmelo Anthony?

It's no secret NBA front-office executives have tried to measure if the Nuggets might actually be willing to part ways with the 24-year-old Anthony, despite assurances to his agent that Denver is not actively shopping the high-scoring forward on the trade market.

Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Anthony's availability, according to a league source.

In one of the few personnel blunders committed by Detroit general manager Joe Dumars, the Pistons took Darko Milicic with the No. 2 pick in the 2003 draft, allowing Denver to select Anthony.
Two moves that would make sense: Detroit dealing Chauncey Billups to Denver for Carmelo Anthony, and Cleveland making a run at Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal.

With Billups, the Nuggets would have the definitive point guard they lack, with the Pistons already having Rodney Stuckey to step in. With Anthony, Detroit could begin to revive its offense while atoning for the Darko Milicic mistake.
Billups for Carmelo would be awesome..We would add more though of course.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha thats nice. I think me pugz and rip and bb were talkin about this a couple of months.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys shouldve taken him in '03. The you wouldnt have to give up Billups. But Its going to take alot to get Melo.... maybe to much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stuckey-Rip-Melo-Dyess-Emeka

And no bench.

I'd love that lol.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You'll never get Emeka or Melo... Quote me on it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't a man dream?

IDK why we couldn't get at least one? Dumars said changes will be made. What is he going to do, go out and get a player like...Antonio Daniels?
No he is going to get us a superstar cause he knows that is what we need.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carmelo doesn't fit the Detroit system.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After this year there will be no "Detroit System."

We will be a new team.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do the Pistons want Melo, the biggest ballhog in the NBA, when they have team players and Tayshaun Prince at SF anyways? It'd be a stupid move if they traded for him IMO. It'd add offense but the team would fall apart.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing is what they have now isn't enough to win a title..

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And you think adding a ballhog that plays sub par defense to that team oriented team that plays hella defense will change that?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do the Pistons want Melo, the biggest ballhog in the NBA, when they have team players and Tayshaun Prince at SF anyways? It'd be a stupid move if they traded for him IMO. It'd add offense but the team would fall apart.
You couldnt really watch melo if u think he's the biggest ballhog in the league,. Ever heard of zach randolph

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I believe Kobe is a ballhog, many agree with me. I see many posessions for the Lakers when Kobe has the ball in his hands for all 24 seconds...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ill say this, you can call Kobe a ballhog all you want, but when you have the best player in the world on your team, the best thing since MJ, why wouldnt you want the ball in his hands?

He is a playmaker, he's one of the leagues best scorers, and the reigning MVP. He has a right to be a ballhog, look at where the Lakers are at: #1 seed in the West and their looking like the strongest team in the playoffs right now.

Ballhog or not, Kobe is a great player.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Highly doubt any of these rumors will pan out.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I agree that I don't think that it'll end up going through.

I believe Kobe is a ballhog, many agree with me. I see many posessions for the Lakers when Kobe has the ball in his hands for all 24 seconds...
and I don't really think so. He just knows when he has to take over a game to help his team win.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He hasn't done that yet in the Finals...

(silence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%