Pistons Sign Ben Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Auburn Hills -- On a day when the Pistons signed all three 2009 draft picks, they also reached an agreement with one of their former all-stars.

Ben Wallace, the four-time defensive player of the year, agreed to terms with the Pistons on a one-year deal worth $1.3 million. Wallace is expected to sign the deal next week.
Yay. Ben is back.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cool, good news, I was starting to think.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, he was pretty much the only option left, besides Joe Smith. I wouldn't of minded him either.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he was pretty much the only option left, besides Joe Smith. I wouldn't of minded him either.
Joe is another PF though, I wouldn't have been mad if we went for Stromile Swift, everyone loves the "Stro Show".

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Auburn Hills -- On a day when the Pistons signed all three 2009 draft picks, they also reached an agreement with one of their former all-stars.

Ben Wallace, the four-time defensive player of the year, agreed to terms with the Pistons on a one-year deal worth $1.3 million. Wallace is expected to sign the deal next week.

Wallace's role in Detroit, however, is expected to be a far reduced one than when he left for Chicago in 2006. He will be the fifth big man and serve as a much-needed leader on a team whose average age is 25.

His playing time is expected to be drastically reduced.

Wallace, who spent his last season battling injuries with Cleveland, will be 35 in September. He averaged 7.9 points and 12.8 rebounds with the Pistons from 2000-06.

The Pistons also signed first-round pick Austin Daye to a multi-year deal starting at $1.4 million. Second-round picks DaJuan Summers and Jonas Jerebko also signed 2-year deals worth $457,000 per year.
Also signed Summers and Jerebko.

Glad to have the fro back in motown.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this move. Some guys should just end their playing careers in the place they took off....like AI in philly,Kobe in LA, and ben in Detroit. It never felt right seeing ben not in DET.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going to be exciting to see him as a Piston again.
Not only will fans be happy to see it, but Prince and Hamilton are probably pretty happy to have him back.

The question is does Stuckey give up 3 for him? I'd hate to see Wallace use 4 or whatever lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fack it, we should start Ben. We don't need to play him full time starting minutes though. Stuckey should give up the 3 for the season too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fack it, we should start Ben. We don't need to play him full time starting minutes though. Stuckey should give up the 3 for the season too.
I was going to suggest starting him too. I'd love to see that.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Damn, do I miss the old Big Ben. I wish he would play a lot and not "reduced minutes" let's see what he has left. Rip and Tay will definitely be happy with him back though. I say Stuckey takes 1 and Ben takes 3.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going to be exciting to see him as a Piston again.
Not only will fans be happy to see it, but Prince and Hamilton are probably pretty happy to have him back.

The question is does Stuckey give up 3 for him? I'd hate to see Wallace use 4 or whatever lol.
Can't use 4. but he can take 33.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys really think he can hold up to starter minutes this season?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys really think he can hold up to starter minutes this season?
No. Like a Dahntay Jones role.
Start him for defensive purposes, then let Wilcox and Brown play the rest of the game - the 2nd half starting. Maybe have Ben close out games too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, do I miss the old Big Ben. I wish he would play a lot and not "reduced minutes" let's see what he has left. Rip and Tay will definitely be happy with him back though. I say Stuckey takes 1 and Ben takes 3.
I was going to say the same about Stuckey with 1 and Wallace with 3.
Maybe just have Wallace take 1 and save the trouble haha.

Big Ben and Lil Ben though <3

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='4114236' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:15 PM']To me not really. I can see him mentoring Kwame Brown though.[/quote]
Yeah from watching him last year his legs cant handle more than 15 minutes max. Maybe im underrating him. But he looked like he was on his last legs last year. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha they could do that. That's right, Big and Little Ben :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%