Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but they might spend 2 pages on who they should get as a head coach

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are pretty cool. If you have a problem with us discussing why don't you do us all a favor and stay out of the thread.

Anyways, I wouldn't doubt it there is dancing in the street in Detroit. Best news out of Detroit this off-season lol. Dumars must have someone in mind already because he said Curry would stay.

And as long as it isn't Laimbeer I'm ok with it. Though I wouldn't mind him as an assistant cause we are missing one since Dave Cowans left for a front office job. But Laimbeer has never coached men and I don't want another rookie coach.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Thank you Lord. Now we just have to see who he brings in :unsure:

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't know why everyone is praising Laimbeer right now. Maybe if he got some Assistant Coach experience first. He would be just like Curry, throwing a rookie head coach into a tough situation.

And yes, he coached in the WNBA very well. But that is way different. And he hasn't even coached a man in his life.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are pretty cool. If you have a problem with us discussing why don't you do us all a favor and stay out of the thread.

Anyways, I wouldn't doubt it there is dancing in the street in Detroit. Best news out of Detroit this off-season lol. Dumars must have someone in mind already because he said Curry would stay.

And as long as it isn't Laimbeer I'm ok with it. Though I wouldn't mind him as an assistant cause we are missing one since Dave Cowans left for a front office job. But Laimbeer has never coached men and I don't want another rookie coach.
Agreed, and I'd like to see us sign JVG. But what makes me wonder, Dumars must have something huge in mind cause I just didn't see this coming(just yet anyways).

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why wont anyone take Sam Mitchell? The best coach ever. He yells at his players lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't know why everyone is praising Laimbeer right now. Maybe if he got some Assistant Coach experience first. He would be just like Curry, throwing a rookie head coach into a tough situation.

And yes, he coached in the WNBA very well. But that is way different. And he hasn't even coached a man in his life.
Laimbeer is miles ahead of Curry, but yea I'd like to see him be an assistant first.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed, and I'd like to see us sign JVG. But what makes me wonder, Dumars must have something huge in mind cause I just didn't see this coming(just yet anyways).
JVG might have the most annoying voice in the world, but I'd like him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JVG, Avery, Mitchell, Laimbeer, that's the order of coaches I'd like to see.

Rip where did Cowens go?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe to scout for Dumars. So he is still with us.

And I agree with your order.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Detroit Pistons fired Michael Curry as head coach on Tuesday.

Doug Collins is believed to be a leading candidate for the job, according to a source.

Collins coached Joe Dumars with the Pistons from 1995-97, and has been out of coaching since the Washington Wizards fired him in 2003.

Via Yahoo!
Collins wouldn't be bad either. He's actually the best IMO.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marc Stein just talked on ESPN. Said the Pistons are going to sign a veteran coach most likely, to make Detroit more attractive to play in. And that Doug Collins and Avery Johnson are in the lead for the job right now. And that Dumars wouldn't have done this without knowing he could get someone in here quickly. So he said we should have another coach very soon.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Collins has like a .390 winning percentage in the playoffs.
Players would want to play for Avery more I'd assume.

Collins coached Jordan in the mid 80's, made the playoffs, but never won a title. Jackson came in and they did. My dad said Collins wasn't that great in Detroit either.

But anything is better than Curry lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%