Phillips Offered an Extension

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Ottawa Senators continue to talk to defenceman Chris Phillips about his future with the team.

The Senators have made the blueliner a contract offer and Phillips's agent JP Barry expects to discuss it with his client after Friday's game against the Buffalo Sabres.

It's possible the two sides could agree on an extension as early as Saturday but if Phillips doesn't approve of the offer, he could be traded before Monday's deadline.

Both sides would like to have a decision by Sunday to allow for trade options on Monday.

While Phillips has struggled this year with just four assists and a minus-27 in 60 games, the Calgary native is considered one of the better shutdown defenders in the league and could bring a rebuilding Senators team some much needed leadership next season.

Over his 13-year career with the Senators, the first overall selection in the 1996 NHL Entry draft has amassed 59 goals and 173 assists in 923 games.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355370

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
If I were Brian Murray, my first choice would to move him.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I don't think Murray is getting the offers he wants, cause Phillips has been bad this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%