Status
Not open for further replies.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
January 10, 2008 - 11:46 am
Press Enterprise -
To Phil Jackson, it really is pretty simple why Andrew Bynum has been driven to succeed this season.

"My guess is contract," Jackson deadpanned. "Dollars are green. The idea is that, 'Hey, it's coming up. I've got to get something that's contractual here. This process is real short.' "

Bynum is making $2.1 million this season, and the Lakers picked up his option for $2.7 million next season.

But the big money could come this summer, when Bynum can sign a maximum contract for up to $75 million. That would keep Bynum in the fold for five more seasons.

Jackson talked about a promise Bynum made to the Lakers when he was drafted during the summer of 2005.

"Even though he was 17 years old and inexperienced, he was going to work as hard as he could with this process and he was going to commit himself to it," Jackson said.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol PJ at his finest
but seriously, who isnt motivated by money?
why is it that players always have breakout seasons during the last season of their contract?

i'm sure money is part of it, but thats not the only thing. being thrown under the bus by the best player had to play in part of Bynum turning into a beast. or maybe knowing that the FO wont trade you because they believe in you so much. i really dont care. as long as he keeps it up in order to raise banner numero 15!!!

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's Phil Jackson... He probably just said this to motivate Bynum even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%