Osi Umenyiora Rips Mario Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

High.Flyer88

Go yankees
Reaction score
Pete Prisco of CBS Sports came out with a list of the top 50 players in the NFL last week. Some of it was predictable (Tom Brady and Peyton Manning first and second), some of it was surprising (Kevin Williams in the top 10), and all of it was designed as a springboard for off-season arguments.

One of those arguments took place on ESPN Radio this morning, where Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora (No. 42 on the list) was a guest. When asked what about that list surprised him, Umenyiora said, "Mario Williams at No. 6." He then added, "This guy right here at No. 6 is just absolutely ridiculous."

It's easy to see why Umenyiora feels that way. Williams, the Texans' 2006 first overall pick, did have one more sack than Umenyiora last season, but is he really so much better than Umenyiora that he deserves to be 36 spots ahead?

Maybe, maybe not. But, again, these lists are really nothing more than conversation-starters, and if the list got Umenyiora to express a strong opinion, it did its job.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/07/01/...mario-williams/

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well when Umenyiora can put up those numbers WITHOUT Strahan, I'll agree

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw the show - it wasn't like that... It was more in a joking fashion...

But I see his point... The difference between the two is not 36 players.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mario Williams at 6 is crazy.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Definitley, but i think Mario is better, but if he can get sacks without Strahan i take back that Mario is better but Mario will be better in a few seasons.

VC15

Reaction score
Osi's production will not be slowed down that much without Strahan. He played without him for a good portion of the 2006 season and did OK.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
He has a point, Mario Williams is not the 6th best player in the league, I don't know if he should even be in the top 15, but whatever.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Osi's production will not be slowed down that much without Strahan. He played without him for a good portion of the 2006 season and did OK.

look at his numbers when Strahan in rotation and without -- BIG difference..

I know... I had him in my fantasy team that year :(

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
why is he ripping Mario Williams? he didn't make the list, he didn't rank himself there. there is NO reason to say anything about Mario Williams. Osi Umenyiora is absolutely ridiculous.

that, and his stupid little rap "how does that ring taste?" hmm well, Tom Brady has 3, you have 1. when you have 3, run your mouth then, since you don't, shut up. i know he said he was just joking, but come on, we all know he just wanted to get 1 more shot in, just like very giants player has tried to do since then.

i guess we will see this season, we all know the Patriots will be back in contention, but will the Giants? hmm... history says no.

VC15

Reaction score
why is he ripping Mario Williams? he didn't make the list, he didn't rank himself there. there is NO reason to say anything about Mario Williams. Osi Umenyiora is absolutely ridiculous.

that, and his stupid little rap "how does that ring taste?" hmm well, Tom Brady has 3, you have 1. when you have 3, run your mouth then, since you don't, shut up. i know he said he was just joking, but come on, we all know he just wanted to get 1 more shot in, just like very giants player has tried to do since then.

i guess we will see this season, we all know the Patriots will be back in contention, but will the Giants? hmm... history says no.
Getting a little personal here... I'm pretty sure that the Giants didn't cheat to get that ring either.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
just like Osi got a little personal? please take your cry about pats cheating somewhere else.

i like how you really had no response to the part about ripping mario williams, just a pats cheat comment, if you can't think of anything new to say, why even respond?

VC15

Reaction score
I posted earlier about Osi ripping Mario. Mario is good, but Osi will be great after adjusting to life without Strahan.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I posted earlier about Osi ripping Mario. Mario is good, but Osi will be great after adjusting to life without Strahan.

i didn't deny that anywhere, did you even read my post? clearly you didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%