Oklahoma City Thunder - Worst Case Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Just nineteen games into the season, Oklahoma City is one of the best -- at losing. And if the Thunder keep the pace (2-17), they could earn one more record -- the worst team ever.

This isn't exactly what the folks in Oklahoma City had in mind.

It turns out the Thunder's win over the Timberwolves on Nov. 2 -- a thriller before their brand-new, overjoyed fans -- was not a sign of things to come.

Now, as the Thunder struggle through the subsequent 79 games, they're giving NBA fans from coast to coast -- from L.A. to Boston, from Miami to Seattle -- reason to wonder: Just how bad are they?

As bad as the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers, who finished 9-73, setting the standard for team wretchedness in the NBA?

Who knows, perhaps Clay Bennett's young squad has what it takes to replace the Sixers as the worst team ever.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/features/worstteams

Does anybody think the Thunder could perhaps be the worst team ever?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They are def. right up there. You would think they would be semi-descent. Oh well, they have another great pick on lock.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's prob time to trade some of that talent for veteran leadership.. that's missing big time

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Maybe, but what's veteran leadership going to get them at this point? It's not like they could use expirings to get cap room in the future, they already have that. At this point, I think they just need to develop their young talent. Durant, Westbrook, Green, and others all have potential to be solid NBA players, there's no point in dismantling that core when you're not going anywhere no matter what.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steven Hill and Kyle Weaver FTW!

They have so many problems lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe, but what's veteran leadership going to get them at this point? It's not like they could use expirings to get cap room in the future, they already have that. At this point, I think they just need to develop their young talent. Durant, Westbrook, Green, and others all have potential to be solid NBA players, there's no point in dismantling that core when you're not going anywhere no matter what.
I'd part ways with guys like Watson, Wilcox, and Smith though.

Try to reel in a bit of young talent. Your not going to get much. But still.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'd agree that Watson is expendable, they can bring Westbrook in as the starting point guard, and in return get a trusty backup and maybe a 2nd round draft pick. Somebody like Lindsey Hunter would've been very good in this role, too bad Chicago nabbed him off the free agent market a few weeks ago. Smith, I'd agree is also expendable. He could really benefit a contender, similar to what P.J. Brown did for Boston last season. I'd keep Wilcox, though. I think the kid still has some growth as a player left in him, he really should be a starter on this team. Last year he got about 14 and 7 as a starter, I don't see why they'd play Nick Collison or Johan Petro over him...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I say trade Wilcox too. That kid has talent, he deserves a better shot on a better team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well, he's started the past two games as has Wilcox, so we'll see. They have a .500 record (1-1) with their new starting lineup, lol.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
They should definitely trade Watson, Smith, and a few of those good for nothing centers... [Swift, Sene, Petro] Trade all three of the centers for a decent one. Collison nor Wilcox should have to start at center, because the other three can't do their job. They're too small to guard the likes of Yao, Shaq, Dwight night in and night out. Maybe throw in a 1st rounder in one of the trades to get a decent post player... Dunno who's out there they can get though.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i think they will win more then 9 games this season. at least 12.. they need a big man that will produce double digit points and boards.. durant cant do it all and shouldnt even be trying to do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%