Offseason Plan for the Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

game385

Reaction score
My Proposal:

First Hire Avery Johnson; I prefer Avery over D'Antoni because I just don't believe that a team can win a championship with that all offense no defense style of play. Avery played under Greg Popovich for years so he at least has a better chance at molding a team with a great defensive mentality.

3 Team Blockbuster Deal! Bulls, Denver, and Indiana

Bulls Trade:
Ben Gordon (Sign & Trade), Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas and draft pick(s)

Bulls Get:
Jermaine O'Neal (Pacers)

Denver Trades:
Kenyon Martin
Anthony Carter [or other expiring contract(s)] and possibly a draft pick to Indiana
Denver Gets:
Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas

Indiana Gets:
Ben Gordon, Kenyon Martin, Anthony Carter (or other expiring contract/filler) and draft picks.

I think this deal would work great for all 3 teams. The Bulls would finally get a much needed low post scorer w\o giving up their entire young nucleus.
Denver would get some much needed size in the backcourt and a defensive guard in Hughes. They would also essentially be getting a younger more athletic PF that could do everything that Martin does perhap better and certainly with more upside.
Indiana would pretty much be replacing O'Neal's contract with Martin's which is about a third smaller. They would also get one of the best 3 point shooters and streaky scorers in the league with Gordon along with some potentially valuable draft picks. Putting them in a much better postion for the future while also remaining competitve now.

What do u think?..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like the coach idea, but in order for the Bulls to trade ben they'd need to sign and trade. And I doubt they trade they're pick for this draft. I realy don't think this happens, Denver would do it, but I just don't think Indiana would.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pacers are full of guards. i think they should look elsewhere.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The coach thing could be true, but the trade, I don't see happening.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
JO to Warriors sounds better. ;d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%