Odom Suspended a Game; Ariza Is Not For Actions vs. Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LATimes.com
Lakers forward Lamar Odom was suspended today by the NBA for one game without pay for leaving the "immediate vicinity" of the team's bench after teammate Trevor Ariza fouled Portland's Rudy Fernandez in Monday's game.

Odom will miss the Lakers' game Wednesday night against the Rockets in Houston after the suspension was handed down by Stu Jackson, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations who is in charge of giving out suspensions and fines.
Ariza will not be suspended by the NBA for his actions on a flagrant foul Monday night against the Trail Blazers. "Ariza will not be further disciplined," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said this morning.
Ariza was assessed a Type 2 flagrant foul, which carries an automatic ejection with it.

Here's the play.
As you can see, the play was completely an accident. Trevor goes for these types of blocks all the time, and he's not roudy at all. he's gotten hit hard before and just walked away like nothing happened. he's not a fighter. Rudy just fell awkwardly.
As for Odom, well rules are rules. It's unfortunate, but oh well it had to be done. Too bad the lakers next game is in Houston though :headsmack:

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, the initial foul wasn't was bad. it was when Rudy's leg hit Ariza on the way down causing him to fall hard.

but leaving the bench has been a rule for a while - so that's well deserved

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
here isa quote I found which I agree with
Well, I’m not necessarily speaking to Rudy with Flop+Flop=Flagrant; but I am speaking to a growing trend of players anticipating being fouled, flailing around like fish out of water, and once they do get hit,landing crazy awkwardly.
I'm not saying Rudy faked it, and this quote says so too, but this is a legit point.

Oh and BTW, Rudy is fine and leaving the hospital today. he may have left already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%