Odom Love of Sweets To Blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A doctor believes that Lamar Odom's love for sweets is to blame for his up-and-down play on the basketball court.

Dr. Daniel Amen wrote in a essay entitled, "Lamar Odom, Sweet Tooth and Erratic Play," that Odom's massive consumption of candy leads to a sugar high and then a crash.

"Odom freely confesses that he just can't help himself when it comes to the sweet stuff and always keeps a stash on hand of Gummi Bears, Honey Buns, Lifesavers, Hershey's white chocolate, Snickers bars, cookies and more. He eats the sugary snacks morning, noon and night, and even says he sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night, chows down on some treats, then falls back asleep," Amen writes.

"This is bad news for the Lakers. I've been telling my patients for years that sugar acts like a drug in the brain. It causes blood sugar levels to spike and then crash, leaving you feeling tired, irritable, foggy and stupid. Eating too much sugar impairs cognitive function, which may explain why Odom doesn't always make the smartest decisions on the court...

"As a fan and a physician, it concerns me that our professional sports organizations and players are not more concerned about brain health, which includes nutrition. My advice to Odom and to all sugar addicts is to get your sugar consumption under control. You'll feel so much better and your brain will function better too. And, maybe the Lakers can get their 15th championship and Odom can get his first."

Via Los Angeles Times

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just seen the video of this on ESPN. He is like addicted lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Candy is my drug too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%