No extension for Andris Biedrins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
San Francisco Chronicle -
Bill Duffy, the agent for center Andris Biedrins, said Sunday there will be no contract extension for his client after negotiations with the Warriors on a long-term deal ended with "significant" differences on Biedrins current value.

Duffy was seeking a five-year deal worth substantially more than $50 million. The Warriors' offer was substantially less than $50 million. The gap was large enough that talks did not progress to a serious degree.

"Their opinion is that they can pay him that next summer," Duffy said. "That's true, but we think his value will increase.

"The way this game is evolving, he's one of the top five young interior players in the NBA, in my opinion. He's 21 years old, he has the experience, he's confident and everyone knows his character and work ethic."

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He isn't worth that much.....yet. And I think he'll do better this year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol 5 years 50 mil!?
c'mon now. someone's being greedy

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
I'm very upset nothing has been done this year. No extension for Baron, Monta, or Andris this off season. Reason is because GM Chris Mullin is being very careful he doesn't hand out large contracts to under achieving players (Example: Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Adonal Foyle).

Theres still a day left to get this deal done, and this could just be a smokescreen. If nothing happens, he will become a restricted FA after this season. If he does well this season, hes going to cash in big time. I personally think hes a top 5 center in this league. Hes been in the league for a few years now and just turned 21. If he is lost, Warriors have just lost a big piece to the future.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i like Biedrins too, but your overrating him a tad

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea he's not top 5....probably more like top 15.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Well, there are not many good centers in the league. Yao is the best one right now statiscally. Shaq is getting old and is always hurt and his numbers drop big every year. Brad Miller just sucks. Ben Wallace is good, but his ppg have dropped ever since he came to Chicago. Amare Stoudemire is good, gets inujured a lot but still good. Thats all I can think of right now. The rest are PF. Howard could be considered a C this year but hes played as a PF mostly. Biedrins is above average and is a future all-star. Top 5 is a bit high I agree, but he is defintely in top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3828

Numbers are improving greatly.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
San Francisco Chronicle -
Chris Mullin said re-signing Andris Biedrins will be a "major" priority when free agency begins July 1, and the Warriors plan to make it clear that they will match any offers the restricted free agent receives.

Asked if he could see any scenario in which Biedrins would not be back, Mullin issued an emphatic "no."
He will be back. Remember that we could have had KG if we gave him away, yet we didn't. Hes is the centerpiece of the future of our franchise.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Centerpiece???? No way....look at guys like Baron, Ellis, Jackson, and Harrington.....center yes, centerpiece no.

But KG>Biedrins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%