New York and Memphis -- Randolph traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A potential trade with the Grizzles involving forward Zach Randolph is reportedly now in the Knicks' court, according to Memphis Edge.

The Grizzles will agree to a package that includes Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric for Randolph, but Memphis wants New York to pick up some of the deferred payments owed to Randolph in the latter year of his contract.

Randolph is owed $14.6 million, $16 million and $17.3 million over the next three seasons.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny thing about this is I pulled off the same exact trade in a sim league Im in.

I love the trade, I know Milicic contract is up next year and I believe Jaric's expires this year. Plus Milicic brings at least a little defense.

About time we make a sensible move...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A league source has told RealGM contributor Tommy Dee that the Memphis Grizzlies are demanding a conditional first round pick along with Zach Randolph in exchange for Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric.

Walsh in return is asking for a young player, assuming either Javaris Crittenton, Kyle Lowry or Hakim Warrick or the best expiring contract (Antoine Walker) if he is to surrender a first round pick.
LINK

I dont know about including a first.

Their alreadygetting what they lack in an inside scorer, granted his contract is bad, for very little.

If we're giving up a 1st I want Crittenton and a conditional pick.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they get a 1st from Knicks then they will give up Critt, Lowry or Tonie Walker. Toine sounds bad but he's like a 10mill expiring.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they get a 1st from Knicks then they will give up Critt, Lowry or Tonie Walker. Toine sounds bad but he's like a 10mill expiring.
I understand all that, but we basically wasted a pick this year on Gallo.

Forget what everyone is saying about him being something special, Bayless SHOULD have been the pick.

Either our pick this year or our 2010 pick will go to Utah b/c of a previous trade, so that takes 2yrs worth of 1sts away. Its only fair to add a conditional pick if you ask me.

Their already getting the better of the trade with the base deal (ZBo for Darko and Jaric) yeah their taking on a huge contract but they get their inside scoring and rebounding and much more production then they would have out of Milicic or Jaric.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Darko brings you inside D. Jaric will be boughtout or used as a big guard to go against players that Jamal/Nate can't handle. This trade isn't that bad for you. And Galio will surpirise you, I haven't seen him play but he sounds like he will be a great player in the future and right now he can only make you guys better.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Darko brings you inside D. Jaric will be boughtout or used as a big guard to go against players that Jamal/Nate can't handle. This trade isn't that bad for you. And Galio will surpirise you, I haven't seen him play but he sounds like he will be a great player in the future and right now he can only make you guys better.

I like the trade, bringing in Darko was smart, but Jaric wont get that much PT. He's just a filler to make it work CAP wise.

Gallo will be a Toni Kukoc/Detlef Schrempf? type player. Good but not worth the spot he was taken at. I think Bayless will become a much better player.

I dont think we should jump at the chance to trade the pick, and if we do i want Crittenton to come fill our PG need.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if they get a 1st I do see you getting Critt. They already were rummored to move him.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why trade a 1st? Darko doesn't make us a 35 win team... Or even a 25 win team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even know why the Grizzlies want Randolph, he is a huge cancer for any team. He'll probably give up more points then he scores and he is lazy.

bballer13333

Reaction score
I don't even know why the Grizzlies want Randolph, he is a huge cancer for any team. He'll probably give up more points then he scores and he is lazy.
Yeah well the Grizzlies need some1 who can score inside, regardless of how defensively retarded he is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%