Nets Want More Aggressive Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brook Lopez has shown a shooter's mid-range touch. But the Nets are trying to channel another side of Lopez on the court. An aggressive, forceful inside side. "Just aggressive, it doesn't have to be outlandish or anything," said Vince Carter, who began squeezing that aspect out of Lopez when he got in the rookie's ear Sunday in London. Lopez went up and seemed to avoid contact. Carter told him next time to stuff it. Stuff the basketball - and the genteel attitude. "He told me to go up and dunk it. He just kind of changed my mentality a bit," said Lopez who admitted he assumed a more aggressive tone after that second quarter incident. "Defensively, too, I was just trying to rebound everything, trying to go out there and be aggressive." When a veteran says it in your ear, a veteran with a body of work like Carter, you tend to listen, remember and implement. The words hit home.

VC15

Reaction score
It's good that VC is speaking up as the true vocal leader of the Nets. But I'm also excited to see this young Nets team play in the 08-09 season and how the young guys develop.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
He does need to be more aggressive, but he's a really talented player. I'd love to see him become a star in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%