Nets trying to get Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Record -
The Nets are crossing their fingers for a miracle during Tuesday's NBA Draft Lottery in hopes that a high pick could yield them Carmelo Anthony, according to The Record (New Jersey).

Multiple league sources have said that the Nuggets and Nets are discussing a blockbuster trade that would send Anthony and Marcus Camby to New Jersey in exchange for a package that includes Richard Jefferson, Marcus Williams, Keith Van Horn's contract and New Jersey's lottery pick.

The Nets have a 1.1 percent chance of landing the top overall pick, and just a 4 percent shot at falling in the top three.

"You're always looking to do something to make some sense," Nets president Rod Thorn said. "If something presented itself that we felt could really help us,. then we might look to move either or both of our picks. But right now it appears to me we'll stay with at least the 10th pick and probably the 21st also."

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This would be good for both teams, especially if the Nets move both picks for Melo

If I were Denver, I wouldnt do it though.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nets would definitely steal this trade. They have no need for KVH, Marcus Williams would just be a backup now that Devin Harris is there, and that pick would've probably been a big man. Having Melo alongside VC (who Melo idolizes and is the reason he wears the #15) would be amazing, along with a good PG in Devin Harris and Camby and Kristic/Boone/Williams guarding the post, would be a very nice team.

As for the Nuggets, this would allow them to get a true PG next to AI and move J.R. Smith to the bench, but, it would hurt their already horrible defense in losing Camby. But, I guess they would improve it through Free Agency and the draft. If I were them I'd ask for much more (like Sean Williams).

Also, just throwing this out there, if the Heat get a pick outside of the top, 3-4, then IMO it would be nice to see them offer the pick, Shawn Marion or Udonis Haslem, and fillers for those 2 then acquire a PG through free agency. Just throwing that out there, but I'd much rather see us get a top 2 pick and keep it like that. Plus, it's probably a pipe dream.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah Denver, why not trade away the only player that actually plays defense on the team?
idk. melo and vc? i dont think that'll work.
when was the last time 2 prolific scorers did any damage on a team together. smells like trouble

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were Denver I'd only consider this if the Nets get a top 2 pick. But thats not gonna happen.

VC15

Reaction score
OMG this would be such a steal for us. Williams can't run an offense worth a <censored> and his defense is terrible. The only thing that he has on Harris is a jumpshot, and even that's inconsistent. R.J doesn't seen like he'll get back to playing like hie did in his first two-three years in the league. Meanwhile, we'd get a DPOTY candidate and a true SF who can consistently help Carter get loose from double-teams.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow I think the Nets would rape in this trade...I don't even care what pick the Nuggets would have. No one on the level of Carmelo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%