Nets Looking To Move Yi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The New Jersey Nets are looking to move Chinese forward Yi Jianlian, who they acquired ahead of last June's NBA draft from Milwaukee, the New York Daily News is reporting.

"They're talking about moving him," said a source.

Yi's struggles to improve his defense, rebounding and passing under Lawrence Frank didn't sit well with GM Kiki Vandeweghe, who engineered the deal that sent Richard Jefferson to the Bucks. Yi averaged 8.6 points and 5.3 rebounds in 23 minutes per game, but was often privately criticized for looking only to shoot.
LINK

Yi didnt start his career off on the right foot and looks like he maybe traded for the second time in his 2 year career. Thoughts?

VC15

Reaction score
Good, he's either really good or really bad in games. Hopefully we can rip someone off like we did in the Kidd trade.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I seen him shooting around for 55 minutes on new years eve at Detroit. Dude missed 6 shots that whole time. He just needs the right coaching staff and a good vet savy team. I'd take him for Amir and a second, I also want Sean Willaims.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know lol, I was never really a fan. When other teams wanted him we shoulda delt him. BUT he expires in 2010 so Nets would bite I think.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would like to see Yi end up in Houston, I think being alongside Yao would really help his development for some reason. I still think he can be an effective player, but he's going to have to expand his game first.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe he could flourish in GS. They were crazy about him a few years back.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but TYO they got Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright

if anything they need a real big rather than a softy shooting one

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Package him in a deal to get Stoudemire like they were talking about earlier in the year. That would make the Nets instant contenders, and something fun to see. The Nets are the east coast team I root for because I used to spend some time in NJ :]

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yi is a poor man's Yao but ironically, Yi isn't cheap. I think Yi was drafted b/c of the hype that surrounded Yao at the time but unlike Yao, Yi is just really tall. At fragile & soft as he is, Yao actually has the ability to put up points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%