Nets in three-way talks for Kidd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

The New Jersey Nets are in serious negotiations with the Dallas Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers about a blockbuster three-way trade that would send Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, league sources said Wednesday afternoon.

In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack. Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash. Other players could be included to balance the exchange of contracts.

The Record (N.J.) first reported Wednesday morning that the three teams were in discussions.

League sources say that Nets president Rod Thorn has been working the phones relentlessly since Kidd went public on Monday with his trade request. Thorn seems determined to get a deal done soon and may be looking to completely remake the Nets. He also has been dangling guard Vince Carter.

Kidd, 34, is making $19.7 million this season, and has one year left in on his contract at $21.4 million. Kidd The addition of Kidd could make the Mavericks sudden favorites in the West, where they have had two straight heart-breaking playoff runs and currently have the third-best record in the conference.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol "Nets in 3 way trade talks for Kidd" shouldn't it be Mavs in 3 way trade talks for Kidd????

Anyways, I want to see this go down. All teams would benefit.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
=)

Do it.

JH5-Dirk-Kidd COULD rival Boston's big 3

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Portland makes this trade....OMG WOW

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
That wouldnt be a bad trade for either teams, only maybe that Portland would be lacking a PF/C.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='3769539' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:45 PM']Thats how they put the title for it DJT lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhEJ...o&type=lgns[/quote]
lol those morons.

[quote name='sheed' post='3769557' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:16 PM']That wouldnt be a bad trade for either teams, only maybe that Portland would be lacking a PF/C.[/quote]
Well they already have Oden and Aldridge, plus Przybilla is all right.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That wouldnt be a bad trade for either teams, only maybe that Portland would be lacking a PF/C.
They have Aldridge, Pryzbilla(hell of a defender), Lafrentz (good shooter), Josh McRoberts, Dleague. he sucks!), and they would be getting Oden back next year. I think they'll be just fine. A PG is what they have been looking for.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only question I have for my Mavs after this is who do we have backup Dampier. I mean unless we plan on Juwan Howard backing him up.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dirk= 22.3 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.0 BPG, .6 SPG
JH5= 20.9 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, .4 BPG, .8 SPG
Kidd= 11.3 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 10.4 APG, .25 BPG, 1.5 SPG

Kevin Garnett= 19.2 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.4 BPG, 1.4 SPG
Paul Pierce= 20.1 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 5 APG, .4 BPG, 1.5 SPG
Ray Allen= 18.0 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 3.0 APG, .15 BPG, 1 SPG

U MAD?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only question I have for my Mavs after this is who do we have backup Dampier. I mean unless we plan on Juwan Howard backing him up.
Nets would trade Magloire to the Mavs....and probably Allen.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's the followup from the NJ paper, where he now has all the details in one place including those he omitted in his other article that I previously mentioned.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/01/the-three-way.html

Now we have
Dallas gives Harris, Diop, Stackhouse, George, #1, cash (plus unnamed added "players" to Portland)...and gets Kidd, Malik Allen, Armstrong
Portland gives Jack, Outlaw, Frye, #1, cash ...and gets Harris
NJ gives Kidd, Allen, Armstrong .... and gets Diop, Stackhouse, George, Jack, Outlaw, Frye, two number #1s, two piles of cash
We basically give up our future but it shows how desperate we are for a championship

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We basically give up our future but it shows how desperate we are for a championship
a only with Harris and Diop....and I don't think Diop was gonna do anything amazing. But oh well drafts and free agency (over a few years) and they can nab some nice players.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, Diop was I might overexaggerate but he was amazingly defensivly. Was in the top 5 last year in BPG per 48 minutes, and he gets a ton of rebounds while he's out there. He just has the offensive game of a 3rd grader.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus we have a great scouting team. I mean we were the ones who went out and found Dirk, and got JH5 with the last pick in the 1st round in 2003, and found Diop who was a bum and we turned him into a good defensive player, and this year with Bass.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeez. Portland is giving up alot, but I gues it's be worth it...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bad trade for Portland... Don't get involved...

Harris' roof is 18/7/2. I think it's unlikely that he'll score 18 per actually, but he has a higher chance at being a scoring PG than a playmaker. Harris doesn't look like a great PG for me, he's a good defender and decent at driving the lane, but his jumper needs work and he isn't a great passer IMO.

Also, 2 years ago he played in 56 games. Last year he did play 80 games, but 26 minutes per. This year as a starter he is hurt again, out for the next 2-3 weeks. I have concerns about not only his abilities, but his ability to stay healthy.

The Blazers have great chemistry, and I don't see them trading for anybody that isn't a superstar that can make them a contender today. Jack is a solid PG, and Frye has played a big role with this team. Travis Outlaw too? He's averaging around 13/5/1/1 as their 6th man and the team plays great when he's on the floor.

I wouldn't trade this for Harris... They have plenty of guys with potential on the team, if they make a trade that shakes up their team this much (trading 3 guys that play big minutes) then it has to be for an instant impact sure player. Not Devin Harris.

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
WOW -- so were not getting Harris........

this would help Portland, Harris and Roy.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
XF - they'd get worse... Harris, Roy, Webster, Aldrige and what? Pryzbilla? Please. They're throwing away their playoff shots with this deal...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whoa
Devin Harris and BRoy could be pretty damn sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%