Nellie Wants Jamal To Opt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don Nelson is encouraging Jamal Crawford to opt out of the final two years and $19.4 million of his deal, according to two NBA sources.

Crawford was acquired in exchange for Al Harrington in November.

Via Mercury News

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To restructure his contract or b/c they dont want him back?

I guess we'll find out when Crawford's contract is up...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No way he does that. He is not guaranteed that amount this summer. Not when everyone is getting ready for 2010

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oooh there's more to this story. per San Jose Mercury News:
There was bigger Warriors news Friday than the team's fifth loss in six games, 108-91 against the Detroit Pistons. According to multiple team sources, Coach Don Nelson has told guard Jamal Crawford that if he doesn't opt out of his contract, the Warriors will trade him this off-season. The conversation, according the one of the sources, happened Feb. 23, a day after the Warriors lost in Los Angeles to the Clippers....

Crawford said he still has not decided whether he would opt out, maintaining that his focus is on "helping us win some games and finish the season strong." He has two years and just shy of $20 million remaining on his contract after this season. But he has the option to terminate his contract...

In that same conversation, Don Nelson told Crawford that he would give him some games off in part to keep his statistics high. The plan to variously rest the Warriors' other veteran players emerged in part to avoid the appearance that Nelson was singling out Crawford.
This is really interesting. I dont think he's gonna opt out, so lets see who'll want to take 2/19.5 for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is slightly overpaid, but I'd welcome him. He can score, he can make some plays by passing the ball. And he is clutch, but by me saying I'd welcome him doesn't mean I'd welcome him on Detroit or anything.. He is the type of player that is better off on a losing team unless he has pure winners aroun him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%