NBA and Tweeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBA commissioner David Stern told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday that the league will soon issue guidelines for Twitter usage.

"Obviously, there is a happy medium between tweeting before the game and tweeting from our bench during the game," Stern said. "You want to make sure that pop culture doesn't intrude on what brought us here, which is the game, and that we show the right respect for the game."

The NFL released guidelines on Monday, restricting players, coaches and operations personnel from using Twitter and Facebook from 90 minutes before kickoff to the end of traditional media interviews after games.

"We just need to make sure when it's OK to Tweet and when it's not OK to Tweet so it at least focuses around the game," Stern added. "It would look unusual for a guy sitting on the bench to pick up his cell phone, and I think we can agree that he probably shouldn't be writing e-mails. It's not about Twitter; it's about the line of communication. That's what we're focusing on.

"We're happy to let it play out to see if it merits all the attention that it's getting. We don't want to overreact."

Via Yahoo! Sports
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ter_guidelines/

LOL, RealGM has Charlie V's face next to this article.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't want my players tweeting in games, or before games. I hope they don't take this too seriously though.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in tweeting before a game but during a game I can understand

Chadwick

Reaction score
Twitter has gotten huge off of professional athletes!

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in tweeting before a game but during a game I can understand
I see it being a pretty big deal in the NFL. A lot of time coaches will hold off on injury info on gameday, and wait til the last second. What if a player tweets something about him being out for the game before the game. Complete ruins what the coach is doing. Doesn't happen so much in the NBA though.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think tweeting during halftime in the NBA is a big deal really, as long as the coaches are finished talking and what not. Just make sure nothing is going on in the locker room.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I agree with this. Before a game is ok, although if I was coaching I would ban it so the players can keep their mind on the game. During the game should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%