My post-season wager

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay...so often times at work my fellow military co-workers and I take breaks from b*tching about work....and b*tch at each other about sports.

After talking about how the NBA post-season will shape up, all of us pretty much came to the obvious conclusion that the Eastern Conference Finals will come down to Cleveland and Boston. Naturally, a long and drawn out debate came about...yours truly being the main perpetrator. Now while all of my fellow employees say one thing...I of course believe another. I pleaded my case, everyone continues to call me crazy and a few of us decided to put our money where our mouths are.

THE GAMBLE: I wagered a $50 bet (hand-shake, sure thing) with 3...yes, 3 of my co-workers, that the Cavaliers WILL beat Boston and win the Eastern Conference Finals. Now before anybody calls me crazy, the stipulation is that I stand to win or lose $150 IF and ONLY IF Cleveland is the #1 seed in the ECF...and they are playing Boston.

MY TAKE: Cleveland and Boston went to 6 games last season, a series in which Boston couldn't find it easy to win in Cleveland and Cleveland couldn't find it easy to win in Boston. I think that Cleveland's home record this season is proof that should a Game 7 come down to Boston @ Cleveland, the Cavs take the series. Now think about last season's Cavs and then figure that they will be playing with Mo Williams & figure that the Celtics are starting to ride that 'nagging injuries cloud'. I realize the NBA is completely different game once the post-season starts...but I have looked into my crystal ball & this is what I saw.

YOUR TAKE: Do I stand to win or lose $150? Why? Am I crazy?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE I support your decison.
The Celtics are not as good as they were last year.
Primarily because James Posey is New Orleans.

Cleveland/Orlando will make it to the Finals in the east.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland will be the number 1 seed, HOWEVER, I believe that the Celtics are gonna defeat them in the ECF :eek:
thats just me though. I am definitely going against status quo here I think

collyflower

Reaction score
I agree with you here, cavs took them to the last few minutes of game 7 last year and now are basically the same team plus mo williams, plus tarence kinsey who is playing out of his mind lately, plus a sasha pavlovic who is actually playing well this season top 5 in the nba in 3pt% I believe. Couple that with an offense this seaon and Boston losing posey and having to deal with marbury and mikki stinking it up, uou would have to an idiot to still be on bostons side

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE I support your decison.
The Celtics are not as good as they were last year.
Primarily because James Posey is New Orleans.

Cleveland/Orlando will make it to the Finals in the east.
You had me until Cleveland/Orlando lol.
I think the Cavs will take the East, and will beat the Celtics in 7 but it will be a really close game

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You had me until Cleveland/Orlando lol.
I think the Cavs will take the East, and will beat the Celtics in 7 but it will be a really close game
Don't sleep on Orlando...
Seriously... This team will make a nice run at the end.
Don't forget the C's could barely handle ATL last year.
If Detroit makes it in they could make a run on them also.

Celtics are not as good as everyone is making them seem.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't sleep on Orlando...
Seriously... This team will make a nice run at the end.
Don't forget the C's could barely handle ATL last year.
If Detroit makes it in they could make a run on them also.

Celtics are not as good as everyone is making them seem.
I think we should sleep on Orlando, they aren't very good at all. At least in my opinion.

Atlanta and Detroit shouldn't be slept on though either. I think the East isn't as narrow as people think.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we should sleep on Orlando, they aren't very good at all. At least in my opinion.

Atlanta and Detroit shouldn't be slept on though either. I think the East isn't as narrow as people think.
There are a lot of talent and many weak teams will upset. I like CHARLOTTE as an eighth seed even though they will not make it past the first round.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

lol no your wrong
It's Cleveland/Boston period. no gray area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%