Monta suspended 30 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Golden State Warriors have suspended guard Monta Ellis for 30 games for violating Paragraph 12 of the Uniform Player Contract, it was announced today by President Robert Rowell. The suspension will take effect immediately and will extend through the team’s December 17th contest against the Indiana Pacers.

“The cooperation that we received from Jeff Fried (Monta’s representative) enabled us to be very diligent in collecting all of the facts surrounding the incident,” Rowell said. “This 30-game suspension is a result of that. From this point forward, it is the complete focus of everyone involved to provide Monta with all the support he needs to have a successful rehabilitation, and to get him back on the court as an integral part of this team.”

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, 30 games seems like alot.

Maybe a strategical move by the Warriors to gt back into the lottery to nab Jennings or Rubio?

lbj23mvp

Reaction score
wow thats pretty hectic for your star player

feel sorry for gsw fans they're in for a long year

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, 30 is alot!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They shouldn't have it start untill he is back from injury..

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the point... What I think it is - He's out for somewhere around that long, if not more...
He got injured riding a mo-ped, they are suspending him. You may think it's to make a point, but personally I think they're doing it so they can have an extra player on their roster in the time he's injured >_>

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
that's another good point, but its also to send a point to the rest of the players to not hurt this team in any way, they cant afford injuries already from stupid incidents like this. Hey, if he violated something, suspend him. Although i wil say 30 is a lot, that seems a bit harsh, i would kept it to 15.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea 15 would of been reasonable.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Young kids need this. Good call.
Playoffs next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%