Mobley To Retire? And his roster spot may go to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With Cuttino Mobley still not in uniform following his trade to the New York Knicks, the New York Post has made reference to the possibility of Mobley filing papers for a medical retirement today because of a heart condition. The move appears to be bizarre considering the condition was detected when Mobley was with the Houston Rockets, and he has played without problems with the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings and L.A. Clippers since then.

Mobley was averaging 33 minutes and 14 points a game this season before the the trade.

Allan Houston and Patrick Ewing Jr. are the two likeliest candidates to take Mobley's roster spot.
LINK

I think it was all apart of the plan from the beginning. If he retires now will his contract automatically come off the books? If it does, then it makes sense, he played with the "problem" for years and Im sure he doesnt want to play for us, so let him retire so he can go to a contender and bring Ewing Jr back...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, it's the Knicks.

if he's smart, he stays, collects his money and just refuses to play.

he wouldn't be the first...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand we arent the team on the top of every teams list to play for.

But players are smart enough to realize we're headed in the right direction. New regime, and money in the future. Not to mention young talent thats getting better with every game they play (considering their playing 38+mins a night)

Adn despite all the off the court problems we are 8-10, which isnt impresseive but considering all thats going on isnt bad.

Cat is past his prime, and he knows it, he knows he's not gonna win anything this year with us.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting to see how some of the most mediocre players want nothing to do with the Knicks and all the "drama" that goes on there.

I'm sure LeBron is just dieing to get onboard with all that too.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Allan Houston comeback FTW!`

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is with all the news/threads on Ewing Jr.? He wasn't really that much of a prospect coming out of Georgetown in the draft, shown by the 43rd pick in the draft, and he was already traded without ever playing a game for some foreign player, so obviously the Rockets didn't think much of him. We'll see how he does if he ever gets a roster spot for the Knicks..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's wanted because of his defense, hustle and heart.

No he wasnt a great player coming out but, fans love him, he's a good defender, and he part of a LEGACY.

I would love to have him. You havent seen much of him have you? He played well for us in the preseason and would have made the team over Roberson if we didnt sign him to a guareenteed contract.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ewing Jr was beastly in you guys last preseason game. He is a good defender like dez said. Plus he's ewing son you think ny wouldnt love to have that legacy factor. He may never be a star but he will be a solid player. He also has some sick athleticism.

Bring down Ewing Jr walsh!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's wanted because of his defense, hustle and heart.

No he wasnt a great player coming out but, fans love him, he's a good defender, and he part of a LEGACY.

I would love to have him. You havent seen much of him have you? He played well for us in the preseason and would have made the team over Roberson if we didnt sign him to a guareenteed contract.
Pre-season... It's nothing like the regular season/playoffs lol.. He needs a chance but I don't see what the fuss is about him, he could be a solid player off the bench but I don't see much more.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Preseason/Practice translates into success in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%