Millsap Signs Offer Sheet With Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Portland Trail Blazers signed restricted free agent forward Paul Millsap to an offer sheet, it was announced Friday by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. The contract is believed to be worth $32-$36 million over four years.

The Utah Jazz have seven days upon receipt of the offer sheet to match Portland’s offer.
I personally don't get this from Milsap's point of view......he's just gonna be a back-up again

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At least he's getting a nice paycheck for a guy that's going to sit on the bench.
Or maybe this is his way of upping his price in Utah for when they inevitably (or dont) trade Boozer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe Aldridge is moving to center and Oden is going to come off the bench or get traded.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
They said he is more than likely going to back up Aldridge at the 4. It is a nice paycheck though.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be smarter to resign with Utah IMO, he isnt going to start anytime soon in Portland, and Utah is looking to trade Boozer so he can be the starter, its all probably just a mind game though....

Millsap got the offer he wanted from Portland and probably knows Utah will match. So he gets the money he wanted and will still eventually be the starting PF in Utah.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Utah will match no doubt.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Uh oh... maybe I was wrong...

The Jazz initially vowed to match any offer that restricted free agent forward Paul Millsap received this offseason.

However, in the wake of Portland's four-year, $32 million offer, Utah appears to be softening their stance.

"I think we'd analyze everything," general manager Kevin O'Connor told the Deseret News.

The Jazz are looking to shed salary. If they match Millsap's offer and can't trade Carlos Boozer, who is owed more than $12 million next season, they'll have a payroll of roughly $81 million.
They better hope they can lockup Boozer next year if they choose not to match.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd much rather be a back-up on the Blazers than on the Jazz. So this does make sense for Millsap.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
He'd def be a backup, no way we move Aldridge to center when we got Oden and Pryz.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Utah Jazz will match the Portland Trailblazers' offer sheet to restricted free agent Paul Millsap, a person with knowledge of the negotiations tells senior writer Ken Berger.

The offer, said to be at four years for $32 million, lays the groundwork for the Jazz to trade forward Carlos Boozer.

Millsap, a third-year forward, averaged 13.5 points and 8.6 rebounds last season.
Well they already said they were gonna move Boozer, so it leads me to think the 3way deal they have were Boozer goes to Miami is something they like, so they probably expect it to happen.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or maybe the 3-way deal with Detroit and Portland. (wishful thinking)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt even know they had one on the table with Detroit.

I know there were rumors of Detroit turning down a Prince for Boozer deal, and Portland likes Tay, so I could see that happening too if Detroit got another piece they really like from Portland.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Portland got Tayshaun, I'd imagine they would send Rudy, Outlaw, or Webster. Which would help fill the gap for SF that Tayshaun would leave.
Though what would Utah get out of the deal?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ONLY way I would like a deal moving Prince for Boozer is if we get Boozer and Travis Outlaw and maybe Pryz.

We could roll with, Stuckey/Rip/CV/Boozer/Kwame with some nice young peices. And we are looking at Gooden, but I read like four articles today saying Dumars DOES NOT want Boozer due to him wanting a 6 year deal starting at 14Mill.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Utah would get Bayless and money from Portland. This means that something is going to happen very soon with Boozer, they must have something in place.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't get why Boozer didn't just opt out then, what a moron. Would of got a nice deal like that from us.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dumars didn't show any interest in signing him, so he didn't opt out..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Says who? Highly doubt he went with Charlie V the whole way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would Boozer opt out if Dumars didn't show that he wanted him that bad. And they was a nice amount of article's right before FAcy started that Dumars would sign BG and CV. And like I said, no one wants to give Boozer the 14Mill+ contract he wants.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We had interest, just not 14 million a year interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%