Miller would love to be Mav

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the Dallas Morning News
Guard/forward Mike Miller is reportedly being shopped as part of the Grizzlies' clearance sale. As is the case with most good players on the trade market, the Mavs have been mentioned as a possible destination for Miller.

Miller says the right things about just focusing on playing, giving the Grizzlies his all and trying not to get caught up in trade talk. But a huge smile breaks out on his face when asked what he'd think about coming to the Mavs.

"That'd be fun," Miller said. "They've got a great team. ... They've got a lot of talent already. I don't know if they need me."

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Mavs could find a spot for a 6-8 pure shooter averaging 17 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. Miller, who is shooting 51 percent from the floor and 43 percent from 3-point range, would be a fantastic fit on the wing opposite Josh Howard.

Just one problem: The Mavs probably can't put together an attractive enough offer to make it happen.

Miller is making $8.25 million this season ($9 million next season and $9.75 million in 2009-10). Before you get all excited about that making him a salary match with Jason Terry, remember that there's a better chance of Elvis coming back to life than Memphis taking on Jet's deal that doesn't expire until after he makes $11.4 million in 2011-12.

There's always the option of giving Keith Van Horn an expiring contract and shipping him off. Maybe that can happen if the Grizzlies' lone goal is to cut as much salary as possible.

Unfortunately, I don't see any other way the Mavs could get Miller, not with several other contenders submitting bids for him. Of course, the Grizzlies did make a lot of folks scratch their heads with the Pau Gasol-to-LA deal, so maybe there is hope for Miller to be a Mav.
DO THIS NOW please. Hell give up Stackhouse if need be. Just do this while the Grizzlies seem to be giving away there best players for cheap prices.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would be so good if he got traded there.
I don't care too much for the Mavs but I want this to happen.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miller would be a good player in their system. He can shoot, and thats more than George, Hassell, and Jones can do.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
He would help you guys against us because he is a Warrior Killer.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
We shut him down this year though... lol

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, hawt Marcus <3

But Imagine JET and Miller on the court at the same time! Two of the best 3 point shooters in the game and two great characters.

IDK if he would start though, because we have a history of taking players like Miller and turning them into dynamic 6th men.

OMFG, imagine a bench with Bass, JET, and Miller

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny thing is we play the Grizzlies tonight :)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, hawt Marcus <3

But Imagine JET and Miller on the court at the same time! Two of the best 3 point shooters in the game and two great characters.

IDK if he would start though, because we have a history of taking players like Miller and turning them into dynamic 6th men.

OMFG, imagine a bench with Bass, JET, and Miller
He would start.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK, nothing is given when it comes to us. Stackhouse and Jamison were big time scorers before we got them then we used them as 6th men. Miller might be a good younger replacement of Stackhouse

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK either, he could start over Jones....but he also could come in off the bench along with Bass and Terry.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Marc Stein reports Mike Miller to GSW for Pietrus + POB + cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%