MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
News just broke on NFL Network

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pending a physical, it looks like our Chiefs are going to trade the Patriots for outside linebacker/mean SOB Mike Vrabel. From NFL.com:

New England’s Pro Bowl linebacker Mike Vrabel is in Kansas City undergoing a physical so that he can then be traded to the Chiefs. General Manager Scott Pioli is reaching out to bring in a player familiar with his system, and New England is a willing trade partner.

Look, Vrabel may be 33, but NFL linebackers have a long shelf life. Plus, he made the Pro Bowl and had 12.5 sacks in 2007. He’s far from washed up, and who would know that better than Scott Pioli? I’m sure the Patriots are trying to get younger, so this deal makes sense for them, too.

We’ll have to wait and see what we give up, but for now I like it. This gives us a defensive leader and Pro Bowl-caliber player, albeit an aging one, who knows Pioli and his system. Vrabel is also one of those mean bastards you hate when they are on somebody else’s team, but love when they are on yours.He’s also a pretty damn good goalline tight end. The way things are going with our vets — GULP! — we might need one of those.

This also looks like a definite sign that we are moving to the 3-4. Not only that, but a sign that we want to be competitive, and competitive soon. This also shows that the Pats are willing to deal with us, which could mean that a Matt Cassel trade is also on the horizon.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NE must have something up their sleeve for this.. though, there are a good 3-4 LB in the draft that are good pass rushers/tackling hybrids

- Big_Time_Balla -

Reaction score
After this move don't be surprised if they trade up for another LB. I don't see them moving up high enough to grab Aaron Curry, but maybe Orakpo, Maualuga, or Cushing.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Ray Mauluga/James Laranitas? maybe?

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i can see them waitin on larinitis (sp) and grabbing him later in the rounds..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is what im talking about right here, Good move

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Now they have Tampa's first also from the Cassel trade (so I've heard) which means the Pats will prob be sitting there waiting for Maualuga or Lauranaitis. Wonder what they got for Vrabel, and hate to see him leave New England. Wish him the best of luck in KC, because they got themselves a great MLB when he's playing healthy.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that bucs trade isn't going to happen

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Just saying if it is. I saw in the topic that everyone says the deal isn't happening, but I'm just saying if it did.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Nooooo... don't let them get James Laurinaitis. As a long time wrestling and Football fan, I know who both he and his father are. I can't root for James in NE... but anywho... TY KC for taking Vrabel. End the Patriots defensive glory.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I`m suprised they let Vrabel go, but a great pick-up by the Cheifs. It`s always a good day, when a player leaves the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%