Melo To Talk To Nuggets About Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Representatives for Carmelo Anthony will meet with Denver Nuggets management to discuss his future with the team, according to Chris Broussard of ESPN.

The meeting will take place on Monday and will discuss the possibility of a trade this offseason. Anthony is expected to attend the meeting.

The meeting is being initiated by Carmelo, who has grown tired of hearing his name mentioned in trade rumors.
Pistons might still have a chance to get Melo :)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't look for Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony to be traded. Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, told The Denver Post that the Nuggets "informed me that they're not shopping Melo."

Anthony has been a target for criticism after the Nuggets flamed out in the first round of the postseason for the fifth consecutive season. New Jersey inquired about trading for Anthony, but Andrews said chatter around the league that Melo might be moved is not accurate.

"Carmelo Anthony is their guy," Andrews said Wednesday, relaying what Nuggets' management told him. "There are no plans to trade Melo. Melo will be in a Denver uniform next year. They're not entertaining trades for Melo. It's not even in the cards."

Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien, who is Denver's designated trade negotiator, declined comment.

Anthony has four years left on his contract.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
here's another:

The Denver Nuggets turned down a trade offer from the Pistons that would have sent NBA star Carmelo Anthony to Detroit, ESPN.com reported.
Advertisement

The Web site reported, without citing a source, that Detroit recently offered Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince for Anthony, but the Nuggets weren't interested. Denver countered with an offer of Allen Iverson or a package with Marcus Camby, but the Pistons are only interested in Anthony.

ESPN reported that representatives for Anthony will meet with Denver Nuggets management on Monday to discuss the possibility of a trade.

Anthony reportedly initiated the meeting.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea Rip you're gonna be really happy then really sad when they DON'T get Melo. You see what rumors do to you?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for killing my hope.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Melo took 209 less shots then Kobe this season

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Carmelo also played 386 less minutes than kobe and had AI on his team (who obviously likes to take shots). ^_^

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shots don't make you a ballhog. Its the way you play and if you've ever watched the Nuggets play, then you'd understand that he is in fact a ballhog. It all comes down to playing style more than stats.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i knew the kobe lovers would come in here. it's what you get for hating on another star player

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wtf maple?
Kobe also averaged 5 ast per, won MVP, and swept Melo's @ss out the playoffs

yezzir

Reaction score
Just means hes no where near kobe right now. ^_^

yezzir

Reaction score
Yeah..? I know LeBron is right up there with Kobe if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%