McDyess re-signs with Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Yahoo.com said:
WASHINGTON (AP)—Antonio McDyess has re-signed with the Detroit Pistons a month after being dealt to Denver as part of the Allen Iverson trade.

The Pistons announced Tuesday that McDyess was back for the rest of the season, but did not disclose financial terms of the deal. He was in uniform for Tuesday’s game in Washington against the Wizards and Detroit coach Michael Curry said he expected him to play.

“He’s our best rebounder. He’s one of our best post defenders,” Curry said.

Detroit sent McDyess, Chauncey Billups and Cheikh Samb to Denver for Iverson on Nov. 3.

The Nuggets waived McDyess a short time later, and he had to wait 30 days before rejoining the Pistons.

The 6-foot-9 forward-center averaged seven points and two rebounds in two games for Detroit before the trade.

“You could notice the difference without him. That was a big part of losing him in that trade,” Curry said. “The things he brought to the table were sorely missed.”

The 34-year-old Mississippi native signed with the Pistons after they won the 2004 NBA title and helped them reach the finals in his first season and conference finals in the next three.
It's about time he signed.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
Couldn't rly see McDyess leave Detroit but he is a huge part in their rebounding game.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Glad he is now official back with Mo-Town. Definately missed his presence.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i think thats a bunch of bS, he got traded and needed to deal with it..

bbyao06

Reaction score
I think everybody knew this was coming after the Billups-Iverson trade went through. McDyess is a great defender for the Pistons and I'm sure Pistons fans are happy to have him back. I'm kind of wondering though why he was even included in the trade if they were just planning on bringing him back.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think everybody knew this was coming after the Billups-Iverson trade went through. McDyess is a great defender for the Pistons and I'm sure Pistons fans are happy to have him back. I'm kind of wondering though why he was even included in the trade if they were just planning on bringing him back.
He made salaries match...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%