Mavs might bring back Pops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From Basketball 24/7
GB star Pops Mensah-Bonsu is in talks with the Dallas Mavericks about a return to the NBA.

The 6'10" GB forward, who spent the season with the Mavs two years ago, was one of the best players in Europe at the start of the campaign with Euroleague giants Badalona.

But he suffered a shoulder injury which required long treatment in the States and the Spanish side agreed to buy out Mensah-Bonsu's contract.

That means Mensah-Bonsu is a free agent and Dallas are among a group of NBA clubs who have been in touch after learning of his availability.

Mensah-Bonsu said: "I feel real confident about me being in the NBA this year, I definitely have high hopes. and I'm very positive about what's going to happen to me.

"You know the last time I played basketball I was playing pretty decent, and before I got hurt I was playing at a high level.

"I've got some things lined up, and I feel real confident in the next month or so I should be back in the NBA."

Mensah-Bonsu, who was named Euroleague player of the week just before his injury lay-off, must first get fully match-fit.

And that might mean a short spell in the NBA's Development - or reserve - league where he starred earlier in his pro career.
=)

we have an open roster spot to

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OMG this could be epic. Pops was amazing back in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%