Mavericks Looking To Trade For A Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Mavericks don't have a first round pick in this month's draft but they are looking to acquire one, according to The Dallas Morning News.

"I don't think there's any doubt that we'll try," new coach Rick Carlisle said. "But first-round picks this time of year, everybody gets enamored with them. Unless they have multiples, they're not that interested in giving them up. But you know Mark [Cuban] is going to be aggressive."

Dallas is also looking to retain free agent Devean George.

"I like him as a player," Carlisle said. Re-signing George "is certainly something we're going to aggressively explore. He can do some things that we need."

bulls12

Reaction score
They could package a few players for a lottery pick for a chance at drafting DeAndre Jordan.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who would they package for a lottery pick?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they trade Josh Howard, they can get a late lottery pick + a solid young prospect...

Maybe they can do a deal like JH5 for G-Wall + 9th pick? The Mavs would probably need to add a little bit.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Charlotte isnt going to trade Wallace, idk why his name is being involved in trades. He's not going anywhere.

But I think their best bet is to get Memphis' late pick.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I still think they put themselves in an even bigger whole when they traded for Jason Kidd. Their team isn't good enough to compete in the west right now.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JH5 > Wallace... Wallace is a good defender and slasher, but Howard is a better scorer and rebounder, and he can hold his own on D... I think they'd trade Wallace and the 9th for Howard and maybe a future 1st?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JH5 > Wallace... Wallace is a good defender and slasher, but Howard is a better scorer and rebounder, and he can hold his own on D... I think they'd trade Wallace and the 9th for Howard and maybe a future 1st?
I live in Charlotte, and they practically worship the guy. I agree that Howard is better, but the Bobcats wont do it. Trust me on that.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Wallace... But I think they'd trade him for the right deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%