Mavericks File Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dallas Morning News -
The Dallas Mavericks filed an official protest with NBA officials Saturday about the team's 111-107 loss to the Pacers on Friday night.

At issue was a 3-pointer by Troy Murphy that came early in the second quarter. Owner Mark Cuban said the referees were alerted to the fact that Murphy was inside the arc.

"[The] official scorer said he notified the crew, and no action was taken," Cuban said. "We are protesting that a correctible error was not corrected."

The lead referee Friday was Bennett Salvatore, who has a history of controversy with the Mavericks. He also made one of the most curious calls of the night on a fast break by Devin Harris, on which a non-shooting foul was called. That play was not included in the Mavericks' protest, nor were many others.

"We didn't protest any other calls, but we certainly questioned quite a few that went for us and against us," Cuban said.
Wow is all I can say. You lost a early season game, you still have a winning record, get over it you lost.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SCREW MARK CUBAN!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're looking at things a lot more closely and with more of a watchful eye ever since the Donaghy situation

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBA.com -
Mavericks' Coach Avery Johnson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for actions leading to his ejection in Friday night’s loss at Indiana.

Specifically, Johnson confronted official Bennett Salvatore after Devin Harris wasn’t awarded a shooting and/or clear path foul in the fourth quarter. Harris appeared to be in a shooting motion in midair at the basket when Pacers' forward Mike Dunleavy grabbed his right arm and pulled Harris down.

A foul was called, but it didn’t result in free throws for Harris. A similar play involving Jason Terry occurred a few minutes earlier with the same result.
Haha, Avery got pwned.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, the mavs shouldn't be mad they are still winning its not like its a playoff game

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'm not sure it was done in anger.. I think that all teams are highly encouraged to turn in anything that seems questionable, in light of what happened with Donaghy. I think it's a message to the other officials to not repeat his mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%