Marion Up For Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated -
Shawn Marion has only been a member of the Miami Heat for days and despite his new team being the worst in the NBA, according to Sports Illustrated he said on Friday that he would not mind sticking around for the long haul.

Marion has an escape clause in his contract in the form of a a $17 million player option for next season, yet indicated that if he had to choose now, he'd lean toward staying in Miami.

"I'm here, and I'm ready for a new start," Marion said. "I'm in it for the long haul."

Pat Riley believes that Marion and Dwyane Wade could be the new Michael Jordan - Scottie Pippen guard-forward tandem of the NBA.
Well amazing news for the Heat if you ask me.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, two great peices to build around...

platoon793

Reaction score
Well, I think Pat Riley took it a little too far. Wade is nowhere near Jordan and Marion is nowhere near Pippen. But, I do think this can be a good duo. Only bad thing is, we need another good big man next to Haslem. If we get that and maybe a solid pg or get a solid center and a good pg, then we could be really good.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yea agreed, they need Marion and Wade, that isnt a bad duo to build around.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is the first step to becoming a good team again for the heat.

I thought Marion would opt-out after this season but Im actually glad he's staying. Him and Wade wil probably be one of the leagues better duo's for years to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%