Marbury Eyes Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
In the past Stephon Marbury has spoken about signing in Europe once he becomes a free agent, which at the time most considered a far fetched notion. But this offseason, where a handful of players have turned down NBA contracts for more money in Europe, has made the possibility seem a little more realistic.

According to the New York Post, Marbury's plans certainly have not wavered, with the current Knick pin pointing Milan as his preferred destination of choice.

"People just didn't understand and didn't know (last summer)," said Marbury. "When I made comments about playing overseas people took it out of perspective, thought I was talking about leaving while still playing for the Knicks. It was turned into something negative about going to Italy. Now it seems it's OK."

"Why wouldn't you want to play basketball, still make money and live in a place that's beautiful," Marbury added. "Milan is definitely where I want to play basketball at. That's where I fell in love with Italy."

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now he would go over there without a doubt. It actually might be a better option for him at this point in his career seeing how he's the notorious "Locker room Cancer" and will have a hard time making the money he wants to continue to make in the NBA.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is interesting b/c Walsh has gone on record to say he has a clean slate with new managment and has hinted that they plan to keep him around....

While addressing season ticket holders recently, General Manager Donnie Walsh hinted that guard Stephon Marbury could remain with the Knicks, according to Newsday.

Walsh said that Marbury has been a great player in the league and that he's worked very hard this summer and that he has a clean slate.

The team will apparently wait to see what happens in training camp before deciding if Marbury belongs on the team.
LINK

Now a healthy, determined Marbury is better then any point guard we have on the roster. And Ive said before we should give him another chance. If we start winning with him as our starting point guard, all the talk about him will cease, winning cures everything.

.loggie

Reaction score
i bet when he made the comments about playing in europe earlier he was probably expecting a little less than kobe is to play there. i have a feeling if he goes there he'll be way overpayed but this may be good for NY.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What if Kobe and Marbury both went to Milan? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%