Looks Like Flip Is Staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Flip Saunders met briefly with Pistons president Joe Dumars on Saturday and all indications are that he was told he will remain as head coach for the final season of his contract.

Saunders is working on next season already and will supervise workouts with draft prospects on Wednesday.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ohhh Rip and Pugz wont like this lol

I dont think Flip is their main problem, its their lack of a LOW POST scorer, or a reliable one.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit News -
Flip Saunders met briefly with Pistons president Joe Dumars on Saturday and all indications are that he was told he will remain as head coach for the final season of his contract.

Saunders is working on next season already and will supervise workouts with draft prospects on Wednesday.
Other than the draft and our MLE we'll have the same team too(most likley). Dam Joe your a genius, this team and coach will go to the ECF's a choke again...

:angry: :suicide: :angry:

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I was just going to post this. I guess in all reality if you look at it, its not Flip, its just the team. But all in all I guess I dont mind this, as long as we pick up a few veteran players from FA's and trades. Whats good right now is that hes already working on next year. Also, a bit of news, they were talking on hoopshype.com about Sheed and how Dumars is going to test the trade waters with him, and that he may be packaged with another starter.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was just going to post this. I guess in all reality if you look at it, its not Flip, its just the team. But all in all I guess I dont mind this, as long as we pick up a few veteran players from FA's and trades. Whats good right now is that hes already working on next year. Also, a bit of news, they were talking on hoopshype.com about Sheed and how Dumars is going to test the trade waters with him, and that he may be packaged with another starter.
It is the team, but it's Flip too. His rotation's suck and he plays some players toomuch(once they start cooling down shooting wise). And Sheed and a starter like Rip or tay should be packaged. I'd go with Rip Sheed and Rip could get us more and Tay does great when Rip isn't playing...I just hope we have something big and good happen.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see why making it to the Conference Finals should mean your coach gets fired. I mean we arent talking about the Yankees here.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see why making it to the Conference Finals should mean your coach gets fired. I mean we arent talking about the Yankees here.
He got us to the ECF's 4 times and 3 times we lost. Twice we should have won, this past ECF(Celtics) was able to go either way. Plus he isn't a great coach, and there are better coaches on the market...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not all Flip's fault that we are losing.
So if Dumars is going to keep him I know that he has some tricks up his sleeves. I'm content.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You guys may think this isn't Flip's fault, but you're wrong. When Larry was the coach, the Pistons had the attitude of the underdog. Now, they're very cocky and act like they never deserve to lose, when they have 3 years in a row. I'd get him out and install the old Pistons attitude with a former Piston...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like Michael Curry, your actually right. Never thought of it that way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys may think this isn't Flip's fault, but you're wrong. When Larry was the coach, the Pistons had the attitude of the underdog. Now, they're very cocky and act like they never deserve to lose, when they have 3 years in a row. I'd get him out and install the old Pistons attitude with a former Piston...
Smart man CC is...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agree 100% with CC.

.loggie

Reaction score
i personally think that the pistons should fire Dumars or hire Isiah.. j/k but i do see where CC is coming from

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm 60-40 on that one. 60 being him leaving, 40 is him staying.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I'm 60-40 on that one. 60 being him leaving, 40 is him staying.
Ok, maybe I shouldn't be 100% sure, but I say 80-20. He needs to go, but still could help teams out and only has one year left so shouldn't be too hard to shop, right?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The hard part will be to find a suitor. The Pistons probably want more for him than they'll get...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be content with a guy like Drew Gooden and a filler.

(Just straight up atleast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%