Lee Wants To Stay With Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Lee will be a restricted free agent this summer and is sure to demand a big salary, but he has told the New York Daily News that he does want to remain in New York with the Knicks. "I've really taken to what Coach (Mike) D'Antoni and everybody are doing around here, and the culture has really improved, and I think they have a good plan moving forward to make this a very successful team," Lee said at the Knicks' practice facility in Greenburgh. "I'd love to be a part of that, and hopefully that works out."

With both Lee and Nate Robinson poised to become free agents this offseason, the Knicks likely won't be able to re-sign both players and still create enough space under the salary cap for their free-agent push in 2010.
LINK
With only seven regular-season games remaining and a swim in the free agent waters in the near future, David Lee made a pitch to the management of the New York Knicks Thursday to remain with the team, the New York Daily News reported.

The comments came two days after an Internet report said Lee was on the trading block in December and again at February's trading deadline, with the Denver Nuggets looking to acquire his services both times. Lee, according to the report on hoopsworld.com, said he was approached before Tuesday's game in Denver by "a couple of their players and other people" about those potential trades and the possibility of someday wearing a Nuggets uniform, according to The Daily News.

With both Lee and Nate Robinson poised to become free agents this offseason, the Knicks likely won't be able to re-sign both players and still create enough space under the salary cap for their free-agent push in 2010. So the front office has some decisions ahead, the Daily News reported.
LINK

This could be very good news, even though Nate is my favorite player, it would be smartest to keep Lee, but Im hoping and praying Lee and Nate will take less then they would to help turn this team around and still have room to make moves in 2010.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I agree I would rather have Lee than Nate because Nate cant be a true PG. Atleast with Lee he brings more of a defensive prescence.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your only getting one, and i think that's going to be Lee. Nate seems like he would want more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%