LeBron Trying to Recruit Joe Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
From Hoopsworld

The other scenario you hear most often is (LeBron) James recruiting Joe Johnson to play with him in Cleveland. The Cavs have managed their cap nicely as well, and that's probably one big reason they didn't move Wally Szczerbiak when everyone expected them to in February. They have a real chance to create a dynasty around James like the Bulls did around Jordan with ample cap room in 2010. That's the big reason most expect James to stay with the Cavs. Jason Kidd, who had 20 assists Sunday in helping put the Suns out of their playoff misery, already is lobbying to play with James, even in a backup role.

Johnson, meanwhile, would be a major weapon. Many still point to his free agency departure as the reason the Suns never were able to take that next step to true championship contender. Johnson is not talked about like James, Wade and Bosh. But he may be the surprise prize of that class.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doubt they sign Joe. But if they can somehow snag Joe while keeping Bron there trio would beast. But they'd be weak at the PF/C spots.

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
Being a Hawks fan I hope they dont and dont see why Joe would leave how much the Hawks are improving. Also being a Celtics fan I would hate this because the Cavs would get that much better :p

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh man, would this be sick. Knicks fans are waiting for 2010, when Cavs fans are doing the very same because we'll have virtually the same cap space. We have a chance for the title, and a chance to sign another all-star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%