Lakers Complain About Refs After Game Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Lakers aren't sure why referees seem to be calling so many fouls on them through the first two games of the NBA Finals, according to The Press Enterprise.

When asked about the huge difference in free throws attempted in Game Two on Sunday night Kobe Bryant said, "Didn't notice."

Other members of the Lakers weren't so politically correct.

"Ridiculous," Coach Phil Jackson called it.

"Unbelievable," Sasha Vujacic added.

"I'm not trying to complain, but 38-10 you can't beat nobody," Vladimir Radmanovic said. "You have to make a lot of shots to neutralize that."

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They weren't really calling anything on Boston at all

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston is a bunch of old ass floppers I swear. IDK what was going on but hopefully LA can take 2 at home

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah the refs sucked, but you cant take anything away from the C's
they outplayed LA

but seriously, 38-10 is pretty bad. especially considering the fact that the Lakers took more shots in the paint than Boston. agressors get calls my @ss.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was gonna say it wasn't the refs' fault Powe lit them up - that would be defense by Odom and Gasol.

always seems the losers complain about officiating -- but, it's nice seeing that the Lakers fans acknowledging they were outplayed instead of complaining

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But seriously, you can't say that you didn't notice some of the bullshat during that game. I think the Lakers could have done alot better but there were still some bad calls.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
That one ref that called both the technicals on kobe and kg is an ass, crawford i think (not joe). He just pretty much called the worst fouls on the lakers and practically nothing on the Celtics. I'm not trying to be a sore loser and complain just because the lakers lost. It's just, "Ridiculous". The refs are pretty much ruining the nba finals this year (at least so far).

But yeah, whoever just mentioned how powe lit us up (not including some of the free throws), you're completely right. We pretty much watched him while he ran through us and dunked. Haha, horrible defense.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
as much as i want to blame the awful officiating, i just cant. well not completely.
Boston was more agressive.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
yeah of course. the officiating was only half the problem. our offense was still horrible and during parts of the game our defense was non-existent. but still, i'm positive it would have been a closer game throughout if the officiating was better and with a run like that at the end, we could have possibly won it.

whatever though, hopefully the officiating will be better the rest of the series.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's the good thing about home court, too..
I really wouldn't be surprised to see a swing in calls once it's back to LA.. just happens that way with the home crowd and all -- part of the game

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod were you ever biased in the games you reffed because you might have known one of the kids? lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes the officiating was horrendous. But they didnt play great alst ngiht imo. But i have a feelin LA will get the advantage the next couple of games.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
did anyone see the foul they called on Gasol when Perkins pretty much knocked him out of the air on a block attempt? I think he intentionally knocked him down and Gasol hit the ground pretty hard

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, when a team loses, they always try to put the blame somewhere....its horrible. Just accept you lost, if you put the game in the refs hands, you deserve to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%